Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Name the frame
  • keppoch

It’s a 24/7 obviously. Let’s not even begin on the state of the wall and floor 🙄

No sign of a model name though and there doesn’t seem to be a 24/7 website anymore.

Can anyone supply any further details?

Looking to sell it to be honest, I bought the frame for the forks that were attached to it.

Also that headtube has an internal headset in the second picture, I guess I still need some cups (that I don’t have) to make it work. What are my options? New headset?

keppoch

jimjam
    Free Member

Looks like a deviant?

Edit: maybe not it had a bolt through rear.

keppoch

Wow that was fast!!

Yes it does rather:

That one has no V brake bosses is the only difference I can see.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

top mounted cable guides…

keppoch

Hmm true, the one in the more dirt pic looks like a 24″er whereas the one I have is 26″. Similarities but the dropout area looks a bit different too.

jimjam
    Free Member

keppoch – Member

Hmm true, the one in the more dirt pic looks like a 24″er whereas the one I have is 26″. Similarities but the dropout area looks a bit different too.

If I recall correctly the original one was designed to run 24″ or 26″ inch rear wheels. It definitely had a huge bolt through rear axle like something off a traction engine though.

keppoch

Oh another difference, no bolt through on this one.

Hmm looks like a deviant with a difference 😆

wysiwyg
    Free Member

My money might be on a Saracen or something with a stick on 24/7 badge..

funkynick

Have a look here

And it looks like a 24Seven Hardtrail.

jimjam
    Free Member

I think it’s a 24 seven crosser. I think they might have done two versions of it. I would get in contact with 24 seven if they are still going. Small company, very helpful and very customer focused, they would probably help to identify it for you.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

kerching we have a winner, i of little faith

rustler
    Free Member

I bought a steel SS frame from them once. As above, really helpful people. Shame if they have gone.

keppoch

Bingo. Yep everything matches up. Thanks all.

wysiwyg – I have just been downstairs to check for tampering, I had as little faith myself.

I remember 24/7 from back in the day, I have an old T-shirt somewhere in the draw. Looks like their website has moved since I saved it in my favourites, pleased to see they are still trading, remember the Dark Angel being something of a pioneer frame.

Now any tips on that headset….

cookeaa

Looks like a resprayed Kona Scrap to me…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

24Seven for a short while churned out some real rubbish – a number of things were these rebadged catalgue frames and sold as ‘freeride’ rigs. Some IIRC even came with horizontal dropouts. Anyway, its one of those. Came as a full bike only I think but then the bare frames started appeared here and there for not much money, certainly sub £200.

I remember their old Chris Gack built original Dark Angel frame – awesome…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Name the frame’ is closed to new replies.