Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Name that Cannondale?
  • snappedbanjostring
    Free Member

A colleague at work has recently moved house and in the loft he has found an Aladins Cave of old bike stuff….

Amongst it all was a cannondale frameset with some other bits and bobs but i'm having real trouble identifying it…?

I thought it was just an old (circa late 90's) F400/600 or something as it had an old XT mtb rear mech mounted, a headshok fork and magura HS33's front and back, but i am now starting to think (mainly due to the absense of any model number on the frame) it is a cyclocross frame?

It certainly is quite tall for a mtb… and some digging in to headshok history has shown that the headshok fatty X fitted was, i think? For cyclocross?

It also has some immaculate CODA cranks on it and a CODA BB that feels brand new.

Haven't worked out how to post pics on here but it is (from the serial number) a late 1998 frame, in a matt black colour with solid yellow Cannondale on the downtube. It is also made of CAAD 3 aluminium.

Where the model number would usually be is just a yellow circle, quarted with two yellow and two matt black quartiles…

Is this ringing any bells with anyone? Come on biking miss Marples and Columbo's, there must be a bike geek out there who can give me a positive ID!! 😀

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

crazy-legs

Sounds like a Beast of the East but IIRC they came with rigid forks…

Haven't worked out how to post pics on here
    Try looking in Forum Help 😉

peteimpreza

Post on MTBR.com and you will get a quick response.

Some pictures will help as well.

Also try here.
    Cannondale Archive

snappedbanjostring
    Free Member

Sorry guys, read how to do it but i am so thick when it comes to this sort of stuff i still don't understand… and as i want to get to bed, here is a link to it! Sorry if this is against forum rules! : (

http://www.flickr.com/photos/njrscott/4098655745/

Sparx
    Free Member

there you go 😉

rs
    Free Member

here you go

rs
    Free Member

bugger, beaten to it but mine is bigger 😀

tails
    Free Member

did he also find the dialled bikes in the loft??? 😯

Sparx
    Free Member

it's not always the size that counts 🙄

snappedbanjostring
    Free Member

nice one guys cheers!

Luckily the dialled was already hiding in my garage 😆

mike_p
    Free Member

I had a CAAD3 road frameset, and apart from the Headshok that's the absolute spit of it… horrible harsh thing, it was. I sold it on before it broke.

There was a very brief roadie fad in the late 90s for ultra short travel sus forks for use in races like the Paris-Roubaix, to smooth out the cobbles. Rock Shox made a fork called the Ruby which I'd guess is the equivalent of that Headshok.

With flat bars and what look like HS33s it's not one of those, but I bet it's related.

JoB
    Free Member

the look of the thing and the cable routing suggests it is indeed a 'cross bike and i know someone that has one of their 'cross bikes with a Headshock, and he loves it

Bez

If he's considering selling it, please get in touch with me. I've been casually looking for one of those for quite some time and that even looks like it may be my size. My email should be in my profile…

walleater

Archibald?

snappedbanjostring
    Free Member

Think it may have originated in Germany so could be a Euro version hence why no model number?

parisroubaix

I'm interested in the frame if its for sale- my email is in profile and Ive been posting wanted adverts for some time- please drop me a line of for sale. Thanks Andy

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Name that Cannondale?’ is closed to new replies.