Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Name that box
  • thecaptain
    Free Member

Mounted beside the steering wheel on my van:

Coax socket and the red LED blinks. Some sort of power supply (e.g. dash cam)? Immobiliser/security? Maybe someone will recognise the logo.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Louise.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s got 2 magic boomerangs in it, if you open it you will never get them back it.

nickjb
    Free Member

Looks like an immobiliser and the blinking light would fit. That said if it doesn’t actually immobilise the van then maybe not, if it does then that’s a big clue

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Nah, the magic ones always go back, that’s what’s magic about them.
    They’d just be sticks otherwise.

whitestone
    Free Member

A data logger? Pure guesswork, never seen one before.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

But back where, that’s the problem the good ones have a really good memory so they will be back miles.

footflaps

Coax socket and the red LED blinks

Looks like it’s the Internet…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDbyYGrswtg[/video]

thecaptain
    Free Member

Well (luckily) it hasn’t immobilised the van yet! Previous owner was some sort of electrical/electronics business I think. Which may not be relevant.

midlifecrashes

Coax suggests maybe telly/radio type stuff, connection point for reversing camera screen?

mrjmt
    Free Member

looks more like a DC jack than coax? how big is it?

maccruiskeen

Previous owner was some sort of electrical/electronics business I think. Which may not be relevant.

Was he on probation?

GrahamS

Second antenna for a CB radio?

woody2000

DAB aerial?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Where the Flux Capacitor plugs in. If it’s missing you can probably go over 88mph!!

maccruiskeen

If it’s missing you can probably go over 88mph!!

If you do – don’t post about it on here. 10 pages!

thecaptain
    Free Member

On looking closer DC socket seems quite possible though I haven’t checked for voltage. Box has no markings on it at all (aside from that logo/pattern) which seems a bit unusual for commercial product. I wonder if it’s a diy job by the previous owner. Just stuck on with a foam pad.

joat

I am looking at one right now in my work cherrypicker. The little hole is to stick a little fob into that’s registered to the driver. It’s a vehicle tracking system called Masternaut. They know where I am, so they can find me and see I’m on STW and not working.
    Oh and if the little LED isn’t flashing it’s hopefully disconnected, otherwise someone will know where you are.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Thanks! That’s certainly the logo.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Name that box’ is closed to new replies.