Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Name song – intro/ending spoken word about pulling a drowned lover from water?
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

Just heard this on jango while I was at the table and didn’t get back in time to see what it was, can anyone help? Just a 1 min section of spoken word describing a man pulling his woman from the water and realising she was gone, very dark, very descriptive, very capturing.

Thanks in advance!

jam-bo

No idea but nick cave would probably be a candidate

itstig

Where the wild roses grow, Nick Cave with Kylie Minogue although not about saving a lover.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

No it’s not nick cave… it’s a dark bit of spoken word, he describes reaching out to pull her back but realises it’s too late, describes her peace and his sadness and taking her to the shallow shores etc. Just wish I’d nipped over to the computer a few seconds sooner. It’s on Ben Folds radio on jango, I don’t think there’s a song history list 🙁

mt
    Free Member

was the river the Clyde by any chance, also was it a traditional song?

mt
    Free Member

http://www.poetryofscotland.co.uk/Ballads/lovers.php

I have heard better versions than this one.

anagallis_arvensis

Knoxville Girl? Lemonheads amongst others have recorded it

glasgowdan
    Free Member

None of these, it was quite contemporary, could have been something indie, americana…I’ve tried lyric searches for wee snippets I thought I could recall but maybe they weren’t accurate enough for google.

There was no music during the words at all, 1-2 mins of sole speech describing the scene…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Name song – intro/ending spoken word about pulling a drowned lover from water?’ is closed to new replies.