Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • naked wines, any experiences?
  • doh
    Free Member

got a £60 off a £100 spend voucher, was about to use it but the web reviews are mixed to say the least has anyone here used them at all?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep, used them loads until I shipped over to Oz.
    Basics are/were
    To get the cashback deals you have to agree to put £x/month into your account.
    The cashback then had to be used on subsequent orders
    The prices were OK but you got about 30% back on every order onto the next one.
    So long as you understand the systems it’s fine – it’s not a scam and you can cash out at any time. It just means depending on how you spend/buy you have the money there for a case every so often.

I would order every 2/3 months and mostly be heading for the £10-£15 bottles. With cashback £7-`10.

If you know what you like and can judge from the comments & descriptions it was great. Had some real crackers from there. I think Balthzar of the Barossa was up there 🙂

Drac

Very good been with them a few years but it’s currently on hold as I found 36 bottles of wine tucked under a sheet in the garage I’d forgotten about. No I have no idea how either.

Only ever had one bad wine and they refunded all the bottles on that and dropped the producer. Some really very very good wines.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Clever marketing strategies – lots of “free” offers but in reality quite pricey.

Having said that, most of their wines are really excellent. Small&Small Malborough Sauv. Blanc is a particular favourite.

You can bank £20 or more a month but you can also opt out or take payment holidays any time you like so it’s easy to control how much you put in. Service, communication, delivery all first class.

Recommended, if a wee bit indulgent.

user-removed
    Free Member

I was with them for about six months but I tend to like most of the half decent, easy drinking Cab Sauvs and Merlots which seem to take turns at being “half-price” at the supermarkets. So it just didn’t make sense to be spending £10-15 per bottle, on wines which were interesting but which cost three times the amount of wines I like, and which were often a bit of a leap into the unknown.

I like the idea of helping the smaller wine producers out but amn’t principled enough to do it out of the goodness of my heart.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Clever marketing strategies – lots of “free” offers but in reality quite pricey.

Having said that, most of their wines are really excellent. Small&Small Malborough Sauv. Blanc is a particular favourite.
    Yep it’s not the bottle for a fiver market generally.

Favourites
    http://www.nakedwines.com/wines/balthazar-of-the-barrosa-shiraz-2007.htm
    Can’t get close for the money
    http://www.nakedwines.com/wines/balthazar-barossa-ishtar-shiraz-2009.htm
    or this.

As above never had a bad bottle really.

DT78
    Free Member

yep – we use it, as above, great

iain1775
    Free Member

Just got 6 bottles from them for free via uswitch
    Seemed a decent selection although not keen on this Australian Shiraz
    Have been bombarded with emails from them in last 2 weeks though -ave 2 a day so wouldn’t sign up, they have been marked as spam

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘naked wines, any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.