• This topic has 269 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by MTT.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 270 total)
  • Naked: Estate Agents
  • MissGulliver
    Free Member

Rudeboy – thank you for your correct advice. Thank you for being the only person to not rip into me.

richpips
    Free Member

Looks like the bandwagon is being jumped on, and I wonder what percentage actually saw the programme. Garbage tv or not, it’s your opinion. Doesn’t mean you are always right. That is what forums are for, people to express opinions and for others to challenge them. Looks like some people can’t handle theirs being challenged, their only answer being to start being personal. Nice.

I haven’t said anything nasty.

I watched the program this morning, I don’t understand how one is supposed to prove to themselves that they are “over it” by getting their kit off on TV though?

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Richpips – I completely agree, again, I will say that it does not and did not fix things for those participants. The only thing I have tried to promote is that 70% of the people on the programme went on it to really try and help their own self esteem.

MTT – I appreciate your clarification, as FAUXFURFOUR sounds like a school-yard bully with that comment.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Ooh, interesting, I saw this thread a few days ago & went to Iplayer to see it, TBH after 2 minutes I was bored & forwarded the the T&F, now don’t get me wrong, I like T&F, but the web can give you so much better, next time I’ll stick to the dedicated sites 😉

Seriously its degrading to your own intelligence to believe it was anything other than a rating grabber, & why do all the men have to appear to be g@y?

And I really don’t believe anyone was forced to go naked, I’m sure they couldn’t contract you to it without prior knowledge.

richpips
    Free Member

MissGulliver I hope it works out for them. It wouldn’t have been my choice for therapy though.

Yet maybe it was an undehand tactic to boost the failing housing market 😆

MissGulliver
    Free Member

RICHPIPS – Lol, that maybe. Bet it didn’t work though!

2unfit2ride – the production companies can contract you to participate and to give them full filming rights. They start filming then tell you what’s going on, as shown on the prog, then if you want to leave, they show that bit too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gosh, you know a lot about the production companies…..

richpips
    Free Member

then if you want to leave, they show that bit too.

So you put your hand up, and say I’m off, whilst quoting Germaine Greer.

Drac

Ah so they could have left after all then.

Well they chose to go on the show for what ever reasons, then they get their glory out for all the world to see which to me isn’t a big deal getting naked. It provided entertainment for it’s target audience, caused a debate on here and some teenagers probably cracked one off to it. Everyone’s a winner then.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Lol Drac. Essentially yes.

jon1973
    Free Member

did someone say ‘baps’? 😉

miketually
    Free Member

Looks like the bandwagon is being jumped on, and I wonder what percentage actually saw the programme. Garbage tv or not, it’s your opinion. Doesn’t mean you are always right. That is what forums are for, people to express opinions and for others to challenge them. Looks like some people can’t handle theirs being challenged, their only answer being to start being personal. Nice.

I “watched” the first half, then turned over, because I didn’t want to watch people with issues being exploited for entertainment. I expressed my opinion of the programme on here, because that’s what people do when watching TV. They also make judgements about the people on TV, based on what is shown. If you can’t handle that, can I suggest now searching out people talking about it?

I hope your sister sorts out whatever issues she has that she felt were best dealt with by going on TV. If she truly didn’t know about the naked part before the filming started, then the whole thing is even sleazier than I thought: “Hey, let’s get a load of women with serious issues and then coerce them into taking their clothes off”.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Miketually, I can handle that. Searching people out? No.

I guarantee you they didn’t know.

miketually
    Free Member

Should have been “not searching people out”…

richpips
    Free Member

I guarantee you they didn’t know.

The opening scene tells them……

I watched the money trader reality, and people walked from that.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

richpips – exactly – are you watching then?

miketually
    Free Member

richpips – exactly – are you watching then?

Is he watching who? The people who refused to be filmed? I’d guess not.

I’m sorry, I’m not sure what your point is any more?

richpips
    Free Member

I watched the program this morning,

MissGulliver
    Free Member

miketually – I was not writing to you, so you getting my point is not the point.

miketually
    Free Member

I’m not sure what your point is generally.

Are you saying we’re bad people for talking about something we saw on TV? Are you saying the production company were in the wrong for exploiting these people? Are you saying that being watched is very important, so you should never walk out on a TV programme?

richpips
    Free Member

So MissG would you have done it?

Did you you advise your Sis it was a wise move?

What did she expect?

MissGulliver
    Free Member

No you are completely wrong on all counts and I don’t know where you got those from.

No I didn’t say you’re bad people. I said some people were just being mean for the sake of it.

I am saying it shouldn’t have had a naked end challenge, that wasn’t fair.

No, I think if you want to walk out you should. I said some people don’t have even less confidence to walk out than to do what they are being asked to do.

miketually
    Free Member

So, you created an account to post on a random discussion forum because…?

MissGulliver
    Free Member

They weren’t allowed contact, but would have told her it wasn’t a necessary move to get naked.

I don’t know, I may have felt like I couldn’t walk as I am not that good at saying no to people in authority.

She was told it would be a psychological week, with therapy and physical challenges that most people would be scared of. They wouldn’t confirm what but the ideas were parachute jumps etc.

MTT
    Free Member

mike – you didn’t see her ‘6 or 8 inches of travel for Glentress?’ thread on the Bike forum?

sc-xc

so. what bike do you ride?

MissGulliver
    Free Member

BECAUSE Miketually, YOU called them ‘screwed up’ because they have issues. I saw a link to that comment, being discussed elsewhere, and decided to join to say you are unfair in calling people srewed up.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

sc xc a Summer Storm, why?

MTT
    Free Member

she’s got you there mike.

MTT
    Free Member

for reference;

IanMunro
    Free Member

and decided to join to say you are unfair in calling people srewed up.

I’m not too sure what the difference is between ‘being screwed up’ or ‘having issues’, i’d have thought they were fairly interchangeable terms.

MissGulliver
    Free Member

SCREWED UP is derogatory. THAT is the difference.

miketually
    Free Member

And you often do this?

I can’t find the page that links to my post using Google. Any chance you remember where you saw the link?

MissGulliver
    Free Member

why so you can go and give them grief for challenging you??!

No I don’t often do this. You really are very hostile.

IanMunro
    Free Member

why so you can go and give them grief for challenging you??!

Well strictly speaking without the link they’re not challenging him, but just talking behind his back 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

I just find it very strange behaviour.

Is the irony that you have judged me based upon one post on this forum, because I judged some people based upon ten minutes of a TV show lost on you?

MissGulliver
    Free Member

Not at all, and look how much YOU don’t like it.

richpips
    Free Member

SCREWED UP

All of those people, like some/most of us on here and everyone else have some “issues”.

The reality is they are normal people who the TV and papers have persuaded that it’s some big thing.

sc-xc

Snap!

miketually
    Free Member

I’ll survive though. I might write “being challenged” on a door and smash it up, before walking naked down the high street.

I like being challenged, otherwise I probably wouldn’t post here 🙂

Incidentally, I believe they’re currently exploiting some office workers on BBC3 right now.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 270 total)

The topic ‘Naked: Estate Agents’ is closed to new replies.