Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Naim Mu-so connections, why???
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

Following on from the Sonos alternative thread, really liked the look of the Naim Mu-so.

I was thinking of replacing my old Roksan system, with processor and power amp.

I also use it for my TV, not surround as the room is a bit small for it, so I need a physical connection option.

It would really tidy the room up and get rid of a lot of stuff.

Popped into John Lewis to have a look and listen, then noticed the connectors are on the side. WTF? The power cable is hidden away so no “ugly” wires but the audio connectors are in full sight.

Not sure I want to pay all at the money and still have wires hanging about.

somouk
    Free Member

Probably more so designed for easy access for mobile devices more so than permanent connections.

They are lovely looking bits of kit though!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Yeah, what somouk said – there to plug your iPod straight in rather than more permanent fittings, though I do agree probably missed a trick not having one around the back.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The connections are split into two banks, ethernet and optical audio input in a recessed block on the base of the unit and the easy access USB and 3.5mm audio jack input on the side. As above the slots on the side are really just for temporary connections.

Sandwich

You need to display the unidirectional, ultrararium cables that you paid through the nose for to maintain the
    ‘Soundstage’.

Pfft amateur 😀

gobuchul
    Free Member

@muppetWrangler – Thanks for that, is it a toslink connector on the underside?

If it is, I take it all back! That’s just what I need.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Yep, this is from the manual

Optical S/PDIF (TosLink) up to 96kHz

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Naim Mu-so connections, why???’ is closed to new replies.