Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Nail right through the tyre (tubeless).
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Got a nail right through the tyre, and since I noticed it (not sure when it happened exactly) But Ive got about 10 hours riding on it since I noticed it!
    So whats the verdict. Leave it in or take it out?

Nobby

I had a 3″ nail thru’ the tread & out the side wall of one of mine. I took it out ’cause it was sticking out sideways and I was convinced it’d tear the tyre.

Took a while but both holes sealed. 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

take it out and patch the tyre like you do car tyres?

z1ppy

As per Andy, as there stans rims? You don’t want to damage the rim strip?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Pull it out, spin the wheel and just top up with a bit more air, Easy.

nosedive
    Free Member

thats a good un! I had some sort of big metal staple in mine this week. the sort you hold bits of fencing together with. I had to pull it out as the wheel wouldn’t go round. Sealed straight away, hope you have similar luck.

pull it out though, obviously. it will do your head in thinking about it otherwise

zippykona

If that seals I will be impressed.

FuzzyWuzzy

That should seal fine as long as you’re sealant isn’t years old. I’d def take it out if it were in my tyre.

Roo
    Free Member

Put more in for studded tyres, winter is coming.

spooky_b329

Get a tubeless repair kit, this will help the tyre seal more reliably, less chance of it deflating on the next ride 🙂

davewalsh
    Free Member

Take it out and if it doesn’t seal, put a tube patch on the inside of the tyre.

tomd
    Free Member

I had a similar nail in my tyre. It wouldn’t seal properly as the hole was a bit ragged. Used the Weldtite external tubeless repair kit which sorted it, 5 minute job. The internal patches would also work but more faff.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

sticky string!

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

completely off topic but your photo reminded me to ask what model forks do you use for endurance training cos im destroying fox 32 rl s in about 6 months.

binners

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Its acting as its own plug at the moment. However, you don’t know how well its jammed in or when it might free itself. You should remove it and patch/fill the hole with the relevant repair kit.

I will be surprised if that seals with just tubeless spooge, and even if it does, I’d not trust it.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

completely off topic but your photo reminded me to ask what model forks do you use for endurance training cos im destroying fox 32 rl s in about 6 months.

Hey, not sure if you’re saying that you HAVE destroyed your fox in 6 months, or that you most likely will do. I use a rock shox reba, but I’d take a fox over it any day!

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

after 6 months they are on the way out, 2nd pair in two seasons. i like the fox and they work great when they work but giving oc tuning €250 every season isnt worth it.i dont know too many people doing my kind of mileage but i reckon you are.

footflaps

Stick these things in the holes:

zippykona

Do they do those mushroom shaped ones for bikes?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Nail right through the tyre (tubeless).’ is closed to new replies.