Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nadal
  • Harry_the_Spider

He’s going to have to face up to going bald. Get yersen to a barbers for a buzz cut Rafa.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I reckon with his vast wealth he could buy some wahl’s.

Is his haircut important to you?

Let me guess, you’re bald?

dannyh
    Free Member

Knackered knees as a result of performance-enhancing drugs anyone?

nickjb
    Free Member

Never did Agassi any harm… Except when his wig came loose in the French Open

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

dannyh – Member
    Knackered knees as a result of performance-enhancing drugs anyone?

POSTED 9 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Can you back that up with facts?.

Thought not…..

dannyh
    Free Member

Can you back that up with facts?.

Thought not…..

Strangely, that’s the thing with performance enhancing drugs and ‘too big to fail’ athletes. Facts are in short supply as they don’t tend to advertise the bad stuff. 🙄

His previous dalliances with Michele Ferrari are pretty well documented, though.

flap_jack
    Free Member

yep, tennis (like rugby) too middle class to allow the obvious widespread drug use to spoil the illusion.

peteimpreza

He has done his usual cold turkey post the French Open.

He is on record saying drugs testing is a violation of his privacy.

He is a Spanish sportsman who consulted Armstrongs doctor.

Game, Set and Match

dannyh
    Free Member

Don’t get me started on rugby (although football also has massive questions to answer). Players who are tagged as ‘quick but too slight’ disappear in the off-season and come back looking like the Terminator, but not having lost any speed. Hmmmmmm.

Don’t rule out any sport, though. Even golf has some unanswered questions for me. Annika Sorenstam for a start.

nealglover
    Free Member

Knackered knees as a result of performance-enhancing drugs
    anyone?

Not a very tempting offer.

No thanks. Not for me.

CountZero

Knackered knees as a result of performance-enhancing drugsgetting older after years of a sport that requires a lot of sudden jolts to the knee anyone?

Just saying…

Marmoset
    Free Member

Good point CountZero – A lot of the older guys I play with, who have knackered knees, love playing on the grass courts the club has, saying it’s a lot easier on the joints. I’m lucky in that my 20 year hiatus from playing seems to have saved me from that fate….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I remember McEnroe saying, when Nadal was still at a young age, that he would struggle with his knees and/or ankles unless he played less tournaments, and stopped playing every point like it was his last.

TBF, he should shave that hair off though!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It’s the way Nadal takes the ball from back in his stance and whips it up, which flings his arm round the back of his head, that puts so much strain on his knees.

If he has done anything with the drugs it is to build up his upper body and arms such that he can play those ridiculous shots that other people would struggle with, or struggle to be consistent with. If he was built up but played in a more normal style, like Federer, then his knees would be OK.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nadal’ is closed to new replies.