• This topic has 53 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by pigyn.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • N+1 'Need' a 100mm lightweight carbon FS
  • Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

I think the M109 fails behind the bb shell are on older bikes, I have a 2015 CS frame and have been keeping a very close eye on it after being aware of the past issues but having spoken to Whyte was apparently some changes made in the BB area for 2015.

I have the frame from a CS spec with a custom build and it’s somewhere before 23 and 24lbs including a dropper. It has a bit of XTR, Next cranks and Crossmax SL’s – with a bigger budget you could save a bit more weight, I built it with reliability in mind.

Before I got it I tested an Epic and an Anthem too but went for the Whyte as it was more fun than the Epic, though not as fast and I could get the the size I wanted the Anthem in but on my test loop the Whyte proved a little quicker. The 109 has a bit more of a ‘traily’ feel than the Epic and the frame is a fraction lighter (S-works excluded), the life time support on the bearing is appealing too.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Blazin-Saddles

Silverfish position as the exclusive UK distributor of Turner has not changed at all.
    We continue to stock every single frame and spare part available from Turner. If there is an occasion we do not have a part available it is almost certainly due to it not being available at Turner but, to reiterate, our distribution in the UK continues unchanged.

I’ve addressed this rumour three times on this forum now 🙁

angeldust
    Free Member

Richie, the silverfish website is not particularly useful. I can see why people might doubt the association with Turner was still active.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Richie, the silverfish website is not particularly useful. I can see why people might doubt the association with Turner was still active.

Really? Its not the greatest website I’ll admit but its pretty easy to see we have an association with Turner.
    Every bike manufactured by Turner is listed, alongside Turner news articles, geometry tables and bike reviews.
    http://www.silverfish-uk.com/Brand/9858/Category/9868/Frames-Build-Kits

Alongside this is a full range of spare parts, T-Shirts and dealer listings.

Away from the website we regularly feature Turner on our social media and supply bikes for mag/web review.
    As well as respond to Turner enquiries on fourms 😉

angeldust
    Free Member

Thanks for the clarification, but put it this way….I had a quick look at the website yesterday looking for more info on where to test/buy the Czar, and didn’t come away much wiser. Perhaps it’s just me…but the fact that you have to keep coming on to ‘address the rumour’ may suggest otherwise!

Perhaps you can help? I live in Herts. According to your website the nearest(!) Turner stockist is Biketart in Canterbury. I can’t find any Turner bikes on their website?

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hi Angeldust

That’s a fair criticism but I still stand by the fact that there is significant enough information on the site to show we are the distributor plus contact forms to ask the question.

Regarding a test ride – If you’re in Herts then pop in and see the guys at Kinetic (either Welywn Garden City or Hitchin) and they’ll be able to find out the size and dates you’re looking for.

angeldust
    Free Member

Many thanks Richie. Kinetic is fairly local.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

That’s a fair criticism but I still stand by the fact that there is significant enough information on the site to show we are the distributor plus contact forms to ask the question.

when you hover over the Brands menu on the Silverfish website then the Turner icon is a bit smaller than the other brands !!!

(but the bottom edge of the Turner icon is chopped off by the bottom of the frame on my browser)

TheGingerOne

I think the confusion on the Silverfish website is that Turners are not listed as ‘Bikes’, but ‘Frames’ and then you need to look at the Turner Build Kits to see what spec you could have on it, if you were to buy it as a complete bike from a shop. However, for another of your similar brands (Yeti), they are listed as complete bikes.

Obviously different people have different user journey’s through a website so there is probably no 100% correct answer\design 😉

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Many apologies Ritchie, I stand corrected! Glad to hear you’re still the go to people for Turner. I didn’t know for sure and obviously just read it on here/somewhere. I’ve never had need of any after sales back up as the bike has been flawless.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

I think the confusion on the Silverfish website is that Turners are not listed as ‘Bikes’, but ‘Frames’ and then you need to look at the Turner Build Kits to see what spec you could have on it, if you were to buy it as a complete bike from a shop. However, for another of your similar brands (Yeti), they are listed as complete bikes.

The only Yetis we list as bikes are ones that are ONLY supplied as complete bikes. I.e – the 30th Ani SB6C’s and the Betis. These cannot be purchased as anything other than bikes, hence the listing.

Other than that Yeti is listed in the same way, frames + builds + forks.

Hope that helps?

Blazing – No problems. Cheers

TheGingerOne

Apologies for the thread hi-jack OP

Thanks for the reply Richie, I might be thinking back to when the 575 and other models were also available.

Maybe I was looking at the one current example that isn’t a Beti or anniversary model.

#ShouldOnlyLookAtEnduroBikes 😉

Yeti ASRc Bike

jimbob312
    Free Member

Somebody mentioned the scott spark.
    Mine is sat in bike shop with cracked frame 🙁
    Just google it and you will find plenty of people have had the same problem.
    been great for 18 months. I’ve been wondering about the M109 and no someone mentions cracking problems with them……….

pigyn
    Free Member

Don’t forget the Yeti ASrC is coming out in an ‘enduro’ edition that has nothing to do with enduro at all but rather a cheaper layup of carbon (still under 5lb with shock) and a GX based kit for £3299.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘N+1 'Need' a 100mm lightweight carbon FS’ is closed to new replies.