Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • N+1 – cheap BMX advice please.
  • matt_outandabout

The boys have decided that a BMX is ‘needed’ in the OAB household. 8)

We have a great local concrete BMX/Skate area next to our new house, it will be used there.

We need second hand, cheap but good quality.
    What should I be looking for or advice on avoiding ebay to find one. It seems there is a lot of BSO on there, and a few high priced things, and little in between.

Coyote
    Free Member

Check this place out.. Been a valuable source of information and advice to me.

tmb467
    Free Member

I’m in the process of selling a jump bike to someone who bought a bmx by mistake

Happy to find out what it is / what he wants for it

He’s in Manchester, if that helps

qwerty
    Free Member

What’s your budget? 16″ / 18″ / 20″ wheels? How tall / what top tube length? If you can answer these it’d help.

micos145
    Free Member

I’ve got two sat in the garage, Mongoose Pro and Motivator 20″ wheels.Kids have grown out of them. Pick them up if you are near Warrington and you can use them.

matt_outandabout

Micos – that might work, let me speak to my father who lives at Newton le Willows….

Not sure of exactly what we need size/wheel wise. Three fast growing boys tallest is 5′, smallest is 4’10”. For use on skatepark.

micos145
    Free Member

Newton is 5 mins away, I’m in Lowton. May be a bit on the small size though. Offer still stands. Email in profile, let me know.

matt_outandabout

Ygm, size could be an issue…

Coyote
    Free Member

I’m in Newton. 8)

TiRed

Look for a proper cromo steel frame, microdrive (very small chainrings and sprockets for clearance), a rear brake and possibly a “female” rear hub.

They aren’t cheap. A decent We The People Justice is about the right starting level and will be £300 odd new and discounted. Appearance is no marker of quality in BMX when buying used.

matt_outandabout

Appearance is no marker of quality in BMX when buying used.

Agreed, it seems ebay and gumtree are full of things that are hand painted, and could be great or pile of poopage.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Matt, I have a lovely little frame, forks and parts package on the ‘bay at the mo’ – £65 start. Barely ridden, perfect condition, nice short 20″ toptube and needing just cranks and wheels to complete the bike. Rules prevent me from linking but a search for ‘frame FBM stickers’ should find it 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘N+1 – cheap BMX advice please.’ is closed to new replies.