Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • N+1 bikes
  • organic355
    Free Member

I feel the n+1 rule (affliction) taking hold. This year I have built my 2 dream builds, a kinesis crosslight and a turner flux. Finished the flux less than a month ago and I can already feel myself thinking, “what next”?

My attention has turned to Mrs organic’s rather heavy trek 6500WSD, and have already bought some cheap recon SLs for it (500g ligther than the manitou forks it came with), new pink bars, stem & saddle, to try and lighten it up for her.

I fnd myself now looking at BMX’s (I am 36 FFS!), also cant help looking at 5-spots on ebay, or any other bargains on gumtree.

I dont want a roadbike as the crosslight can do that, maybe a fatbike is what I NEED for the winter? Maybe I should look at new bike kit/clothes instead? A skills course would be a better spend I think, but if i get better, then I will need another bike 😆

I assume a lot (most) of you are similarly afflicted?

IHN

Have you got a singlespeed? I didn’t. It turns out I will have soon 😕

batfink
    Free Member

I’ve just started building bikes up….. I think I enjoy putting them together as well as riding them.

organic355
    Free Member

I enjoy building them, and also the researching and looking for the best deals, I wish i could set up as a business for custom bike builds, but no money or call for it round here.

deepo
    Free Member

Think of it more as S-1, S being the number of bikes that will cause separation from your partner and you may find you have the scope for a few more bikes yet!

sam_underhill

organic355 – have you stolen my innermost cycling thoughts?

I built a flux last summer, long lust after a crosser (and the crosslight looks like a nice option) and I’m just about to take possession of a bmx in need of light restoration (general service to be honest).

must be a “mid 30’s thing”

I sorted the Mr’s bikes issues out with a brand new trek lush SL though.

n+1 for me (after the bmx that is) may be a planet-x N2A, or maybe something burly build on a 5-spot and a trip to the alps. No need to go burlier at the mo as I’m way way way off having the danglies to use it!

chakaping
    Free Member

Having had all my bikes nicked earlier this year, I’m fed up building new bikes and just want to ride the bloody things.

The weather’s nice now, go for a ride.

mboy
    Free Member

must be a “mid 30’s thing”

Definitely not. It affects people at any age.

It’s more of a “I’ve got more disposable income than before right now, and a hobby that I can spend it on” situation. Trust me, when I had £1k a month spare income I didn’t know what to do with, a lot of it went on bikes! Now I just ride (and enjoy just as much) what I’ve got, and spend what very little I have just keeping them going.

Still doesn’t stop me lusting after new bikes though, but the reality is I know I can’t afford them so the n+1 rule doesn’t apply.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘N+1 bikes’ is closed to new replies.