Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • N Wales this weekend…
  • jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Gonna be in N Wales for the weekend at her dads. She will grant me one day off on the bike somewhere. They live nr Criccieth so usually im automatically drawn to Stiniog for the day but feel like getting a few miles in this time. it appears CYB will be closed, or at least the big loops are, so im a bit stuck. Id love to go on an off piste epic but i haven’t a clue where to start? so another thought was Penmachno. Could zip over there dead early, do a circuit during the morning then hit Stinky for a few runs in the afternoon? Would this be feasible or what?

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Urgh. Level 2 Storm Force winds forecast at Stinky…

rhid

Marin and Penmachno would be worth a look but I don’t know what state either of them are in after all the bad weather. You could easily do a loop of Penmachno or the Marin and get a good day at Antur Stiniog but like you say the weather for the weekend looks less than fun!

chiefP
    Free Member

The Marin conditions

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/is-marin-trail-fully-open

Believe the Penmachno Trail Pixies have cleared the trails from trees as well.

Marin
    Free Member

Penmachno is great feels quite isolated which I like. Conway Falls cafe is good for post ride brew. Marin is also good and bit easier to ride if conditions are a bit pooey I’d say.

lapierrelady

Rode Coed Y Brenin today-tawr du open, first loop of Minotaur (3km) and skills loop. Frankly amazing any trails are open given the number of trees down. Off to Penmachno tmrw…haven’t ridden there for a good 5 years so really excited!

davenorth1
    Free Member

let us know wat condition penmanchno is in pal. wanna go nxt wknd but don’t want wasted journey

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘N Wales this weekend…’ is closed to new replies.