Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • N Power and direct debits
  • Irish_AL
    Free Member

Got my new dd through from NPower the other day and its a wopping £191 per month! Tell me this isnt right for someone who lives alone and is generally out of the house 10 hours per day? only use the usual lecky tv lights and fridge etc and only gas for cooking and the gas heating is not on, as if it cold I light the log fire. They have justified by saying 'basicaly we have guessed what you are going to use over the winter period'

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just ask them to recalculate. They can't make you pay for something you haven't used.

Of course, if you do use it, you will just have to pay later.

MtbCol
    Free Member

NPower tried to up our bill to £160 a month from £87.
    I told them where to go and switched to EDF at an initial £68 a month.
    EDF recalculated last month and our monthl fee dropped to £43.

I'd shop around if I were you – NPower seem to be keen on this kind of tactic.

Irish_AL
    Free Member

yea its jumped from £63 to £191 its just taking the piss!

CaptJon
    Free Member

NPower are theiving scum. They tried to charge me for a previous tenant's bill – it took me ages to get them to sort it out. They then did the same 3 month later.

The set rate per month is only so they can make money via interest before they give you back the difference after recalculating your bill.

StuF

We had the opposite, they'd been undercharging us and then whopped a £400 bill on us when we tried to change. I wish they'd tried to up the monthly bill over the couple of years we were with them and not had to fork out a big lump

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

They seem to be good at this. The bumped my payments up last month from £73 to £168. I phoned them up and gave them the gas and electic readings and they instantly put it back down to £73. Bunch of chancers.

stumpyjon

I think a lot of them work the other way around, under charge you to start with so you think you actually got a good deal. Whap it up after 12 months but make sure you're always £ 100 plus in debt to them so it makes it painful to switch. And they're pretty much all the same.

£ 191 sounds very high, we're paying that and there's 4 of us and my missus doesn't know what the off button is for (and she's at home all day at the moment).

MRanger156
    Free Member

When we changed from N Power to British gas for our electricity supply they tried to chage us £1800 for the final bill (3 months worth). This was their "estimate" of our usage for a normal 3 bed domestic house! Turned out they actually owed us £18 and after 3 phone calls the chque still hasn;t turned up.

vernon-sez
    Free Member

I'm sure all the companies do it but n-power were the cheekiest in my experience. Look at your usage over the last year and work out how much you're using. Tell them the max you're prepared to pay (be realistic!) and if they wont agree then go elsewhere. If you're not using leccy for heating / cooking then it should nearer £25 a month…

Skyliner
    Free Member

I second CaptJon, "NPower are theiving Scum". We had a letter from Vodafone saying welcome to your new tariff for two VERY expensive mobile phones. The Feckers at NPower used our new fuel acct ID to fraudelently go on a shopping trip! Toof me two days to sort out with the fraud office and it ended being an internal job. Because of that I vowed to never go back. In fact, if you ever get a door-to-door NPower salesperson knock at your door this story gets rid of em sharpish!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘N Power and direct debits’ is closed to new replies.