Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • N-Gear jump stop?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Anyone using one and how are you finding it? I really hate the way most chain guides look so I was hoping I could just get a jump stop and a bash guard to fit my chainring. Don't want to have a tensioner wheel at the bottom though, would this be a problem or can you get away without having one?

This is the product in question – http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.php?prod=chng-js

Currently going to have to use an old DMR Speed Guide which looks absolutely vile haha

ssboggy

Used to use one on my cross bike with single ring and a lightweight bash guard and never had any issues with it

_tom_
    Free Member

Does it keep it on over really bumpy stuff (roots etc)?

TheGingerOne

Mine was ultra-reliable when I went 1×9 in conjunction with a bbg bashguard

_tom_
    Free Member

Alright thanks. I think this may be the best option as with a bashguard it shouldn't come to more than £20-30 and looks way nicer than an mrp or something 🙂

mjrose
    Free Member

I've been running one for several months on a 1X9 setup with a bashring.

Never dropped a chain yet.

Highly recommended!

HTTP404
    Free Member

Ran it with a bash guard.
    If you get the adjustment right – it works well.
    Although i've not tried it – I've heard you can use a short cage rear mech. with a shortened chain to the same effect.

_tom_
    Free Member

How exactly do you "get the adjustment right"? Looks like you just put it as close to the inside face of the chain as possible so it can't shift to one side when going over bumps?

househusband

Have just replaced an N-Gear Jump Stop and BBG bash setup with an MRP 1.x… had a muddy, woody ride at the weekend and the former had more mud clearance… tempted to go back to it.

If only Paul Components Chain Keeper was available in the UK.

Andy-R

Well, you could get one for about forty quid (including postage) from Jenson……..depends how much you want one, I suppose?

rootes1

yep works v well for drop on the inside with a bash on the outside

DaveE

Made this
    Seems to work great
    Had on for about 2 mths.

_tom_
    Free Member

If I had the components I could probably just do that! However I don't and the jumpstop is only a tenner.. so jump stop it is.

I had an MRP a few years ago and the mud clearance was awful. I actually had to take it all apart to get my chain moving again, the rollers just got completely clogged with mud.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘N-Gear jump stop?’ is closed to new replies.