Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mystey freehub body!
  • ggh1960
    Free Member

Hi All,

I need a new freehub body for my Giant Escape M2 2009 8 speed. It came off a ‘Formula’ hub. According to the bikes’ spec/internet it’s probably a ‘Bontrager’ I took the old one into my LBS to be told that he had an identical one that
    would fit ANY Shimano cassette for £25 ‘and that was cheap’. He wouldn’t/couldn’t tell me the make or model number????! Ever felt like your being ripped off? does anyone recognise it please?

Frankers
    Free Member

£25 seems about right, what’s the issue exactly?

ggh1960
    Free Member

I like to know what I’m handing my cash over for!!!

Frankers
    Free Member

I had a similar problem with a Cannondale hub a few years ago and a Shimano free hub fitted, the free hub though was nearly the same price as a new Deore complete hub

You could try one of These though the safest bet would be to buy of the LBS

The problem with cheap generic branded hubs is that parts are really difficult to get

orangeboy
    Free Member

£25 is not unusual for a free hub.
    And there are loads of different ones and the often don’t say what model on them

coatesy
    Free Member

In our box of freehubs, we have about six or seven near identical looking, but not interchangeable, freehubs like those. I also have no idea who makes them, or what hubs they’re off as they’re unmarked, we just match them with what’s required.I guess that’s what your LBS is doing too, he won’t necessarily be ripping you off.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Or you could go to a Giant dealer & buy one from Giant UK that you know will fit & most likely be cheaper.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mystey freehub body!’ is closed to new replies.