• This topic has 41 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by sv.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Mystery onone prototype frame
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Any one know what this is.
    link
    Wouldn’t mind having a pop at it but apparently they don’t know what it is so no shock info.
    Looks rather good to me.

nickdavies

Rub the magic lamp? The man who might know still floats about…

Brant, Brant, Brant..

You think they’d at least mention if it was 26 or 29!

robhughes
    Free Member

I thought he might appear of his own free will.
    The even word it as a mounting bike frame. 😆

willej

A “mounting bike” frame prototype and they don’t know what size shock it needs? Really? Did they get the work experience slave to put that on eBay for them?

joshvegas
    Free Member

What exactly is spension anyway?

Northwind

It sort of gives the impression that they just email the factory and say “make us a frame of some sort. Travel? Wheel size? Hadn’t really thought about it- surprise us!” doesn’t it.

bspoked
    Free Member

650b Codeine.

It is a marketing gimmick to generate interest.

Apparently the winner of the auction gets a full build kit thrown in free, with a CCDB inline and a Pike.

Bid away…

(possibly)

andyl
    Free Member

photos of the early prototype frames on the shedfire site are gone now. I guess only Brant can help.

seems quite poor they dont even know what size wheels it needs. I guess you could ask them to try a 29er wheel in to see or measure the chainstays.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

It sort of gives the impression that they just email the factory and say “make us a frame of some sort. Travel? Wheel size? Hadn’t really thought about it- surprise us!” doesn’t it.

Not to me it doesn’t. It says to me that perhaps Brant was doing stuff and now he’s gone they’re clearing his stuff (in this case a prototype frame), but don’t like/want to ask him what it is. Putting aside the amateur advert, I’m surprised they’re selling a frame they don’t appear to know that much about. It gives all sorts of wrong messages about On One IMO, for the sake of a few hundred quid.

robhughes
    Free Member

Yer searched shedfire but to no avail.Ticks the boxes visually but that really means nowt without some info.
    Come on Brant what the hell is it. 😉

Northwind

B.A.Nana – Member

Not to me it doesn’t. It says to me that perhaps Brant was doing stuff and now he’s gone they’re clearing his stuff (in this case a prototype frame), but don’t like/want to ask him what it is.

In their own words, “As this is sample we do not know what eye to eye the shock should take or what travel this is.” Not, “we found this in the shed, wtf is it”.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

That head tube looks like it is from a codeine the swing arm looks similar to a codeine as well. The pivot is the opposite way up to the codeine though. To me some of the parts of the frame look like they have more material than expected. Would have thought they could put a wheel in the back to see what size it is that end…

dvatcmark
    Free Member

31.9 seat post ?

Speshpaul

“It gives all sorts of wrong right messages about On One IMO, for the sake of a few hundred quid. ”

devash
    Free Member

If they don’t even know what shock it takes or what model it is then how do they know it wasn’t just a one off knocked up as a prototype that wasn’t intended for riding?

I wouldn’t feel safe riding it.

njee20
    Free Member

That’s got to be a joke, surely? Spension? Mounting bike? Selling something they know nothing about?

chakaping
    Free Member

Soooo many reasons not to buy that!

gazc
    Free Member

it runs the next niche wheel size – 28.25 inches halfway between that overmarketed 27.5 and 29er innit

Speeder

the ISCG mounts should give some indication of it’s intended use. I reckon it’d be worth a punt at that sort of price.

brant
    Free Member

From what I remember, it’s a 26in 140mm travel bike. 200mm shock I think.
    Made by reputable factory.
    44/56 headtube.
    135×12.
    67deg ha. 73 seat. It’s nice.

chambord
    Free Member

What do you do if you snap the mech hanger?

zilog6128

Same thing you do if you snap any On-One mech hanger – get a new one from somewhere else!

chambord
    Free Member

Are they standard? I thought you had to get specific ones for different frames.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

£100 so far 😯

chambord
    Free Member

I hope someone here buys it, gets it sprayed nicely, builds it, and tell us all about it.

But I hope they don’t snap the mech hanger.

robhughes
    Free Member

Thanks Brant. 😀
    Would that be 200 X 57 0r 50 if you can remember.

Speeder

brant – Member
    From what I remember, it’s a 26in 140mm travel bike. 200mm shock I think.
    Made by reputable factory.
    44/56 headtube.
    135×12.
    67deg ha. 73 seat. It’s nice.

Sounds perfect don’t suppose you’d remember the weight?

PJM1974
    Free Member

A 26er? That’s a new niche.

brant
    Free Member

Hang on.
    I’ll get out of the bath.

robhughes
    Free Member

Hahahaha… 😀

hammyuk
    Free Member

There’s another one too if you have a look 😉

brant
    Free Member
    brant
    Free Member

Yes – http://detail.1688.com/offer/1297414190.html

The bath was about cold anyway.

HTH

robhughes
    Free Member

Thanks very much Brant.

ska-49
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-Full-Suspension-Frame-Sample-/301345931117?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Fragrances_Women_s_Fragrances_PP&hash=item46299dff6d

What’s going on here?

atlaz
    Free Member

Brant – don’t suppose you know any of the chinese manufacturers who does a short travel (100-120mm) 26″ FS?

sv

atlaz – its ok PACT are going to make one, I hope 😉

matther01
    Free Member

Once came across a ti hardtail prototype they were selling on eBay. Emailed for sizing/geo/wheel size etc..and was advised they had no idea!

paulpalf
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those – a friend tried to start a bike company a few years back with OTS asian frames. They used to sell them to a few smaller manufacturers round the world, a coupe of Italian companies from what I remember.

It’s not bad, but alignment is poor so it eats DU bushings and has started to creak pretty badly in the linkage bearings now. It’s languishing in the shed since the invention of 29ers….
    200×57 shock from memory. Don’t use a high volume can.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Mystery onone prototype frame’ is closed to new replies.