Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 395 total)
  • MyHermes: Divide by Zero
  • thepurist

There’s a whole Xmas special episode of Watchdog right here.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Ok team. An update!
    My parcel was too big to fit in the original drivers vehicle (10*10*5cm – the parcel, not his vehicle) so they’ve given it to a different driver with a bigger vehicle…
    The nice man on live chat couldn’t explain the size or the original driver having had it in his van to “attempt delivery”.
    But he did promise (and I made him explicitly type that out) that the parcel would be delivered in 1-2 days.

An hour later I got an email with a new tracking number saying delivery would be in 5 working days….

New tracking (amalgamated with old tracking): https://www.myhermes.co.uk/tracking-results.html?trackingNumber=5726382099786659

Supposedly they tried to deliver 3 times over the weekend. Hmmmm.

Can you see what I mean when, at the start of the thread, I said that I find it very difficult to get MyHermes to bring parcels to my house?

weeksy

Brilliant stuff!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just answer the door!!

C’mon you can do it!!
    They’ve tried so many times and with our help you can do this.
    Just take delivery of the parcel..
    I believe in you

pb2

My parcel was too big to fit in the original drivers vehicle (10*10*5cm – the parcel, not his vehicle) so they’ve given it to a different driver with a bigger vehicle…[u]

They put bigger parcels in their jacket pockets 🙄

MrSmith
    Free Member

So I’m only £20 down after the me and the eBay seller split our losses on the lost parcel after they refunded the delivery cost (annoyingly he didn’t insure)
    I’m not as pissed off as I might be as on the same day I bought my old man an out of print book on the SR-71 blackbird for £6:90 on eBay, it retails for $250 on amazon 😀

From now on I check/ask what courier retailers use and will never buy from those that use MyHermes, hopefully this thread will be a permanent reminder as to how crap they are.

The only other parcel issue I have had was when a label rubbed off one parcel on to mine in the depot and I got 5 handheld card readers instead of a pair of speakers, I got to speak to somebody and they tracked down where it happened and collected the wrong parcel and delivered the right one 2 days later (was DHL I think)

Jamie
    Free Member

As a counterpoint, I had 2 myhermes deliveries this week. I guess it really is about the last step of the journey, as my delivery lady is really good.

DT78
    Free Member

Just a thought, maybe the data my heroes use to locate your property could be wrong? Seems unlikely as other companies find you ok. I believe most companies buy the data from the post office. Might be worth asking if you haven’t.

Still, 9 pages about a missed parcel

leegee

Time to send someone who GAF (if you can find someone) A link to this thread.

I reckon there will be some loophole with the compensation, you probably aren’t the only person in your area with this problem and the culprit needs to be stopped.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just a thought, maybe the data my heroes use to locate your property could be wrong? Seems unlikely as other companies find you ok. I believe most companies buy the data from the post office. Might be worth asking if you haven’t.

Still, 9 pages about a missed parcel

Spot the MyHermes shill.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’ve had a delivery off them once, a few years back.
    Have lived here for many many years

deepreddave
    Free Member

Can you see what I mean when, at the start of the thread, I said that I find it very difficult to get MyHermes to bring parcels to my house

Sort of 😆

Approach the Chief Exec direct – he/she probably doesn’t know there’s an issue so allows them to try and resolve ala Undercover Boss.
    Before doing that though we need you to test the compensation process with a series of expensive parcels as I really want you to meet the driver (yourself/your twin/your ex). One a day for a week should do it, cheers.
    Great thread.

njee20
    Free Member

Have you actually claimed compensation? Stop **** about, send yourself a parcel insured for £500 and get claiming.

Surely you’ve proven the point now. Either escalate to try and resolve it, or get some benefit from it.

neilwheel
    Free Member

I don’t think you can trust the tracking details to be accurate either, why would the parcel go back to be sorted again after each (supposed) attempted delivery?

The whole thing stinks of everyone at MH is full of BS.

You can’t claim for loss yet, as they still seem to think they know where the parcel is.

colp

My parcel was too big to fit in the original drivers vehicle (10*10*5cm – the parcel, not his vehicle)

The Hermes guy, earlier

dooosuk
    Free Member

Today’s the day….I’m sure of it!

tomhoward

I have one request. When (if) it’s delivered, when the chap hands it to you, open the package in front of him.

And, can I sent a dozen or so packages to you, be a nice earner for me, and I’ll even go 80/20 on the profits with you.

jonnyboi

When OP opens the door he will see himself starting back at him, at which point this universe will cease to exist.

And we’ll still not have a new forum.

dmorts

why would the parcel go back to be sorted again after each (supposed) attempted delivery?

I think the “regional depot” might include the MH courier’s house…..

Undelivered parcels going back to a depot at the end of the day makes sense to me for many reasons (rather than the driver hanging on to them) e.g. security, returning to sender, reallocating to another driver for the next day, rerouting to another address. Pretty sure that it is standard practice.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

It won’t work if someone else sends. Because they can deliver it back to you.

I’m going to see this through to the bitter end.

alanf
    Free Member

I’ve not kept fully up to date with this thread although I can see that the parcel is still in limbo.
    I’m not sure if it’s already been suggested but could you get some sort of spot tracker into a parcel so as well as keeping up to date with the tracking info, you could also keep a real-time track of the parcel location too?

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Unbelievable performance but great reading, my local driver is absolutely brilliant, leaves things when she can, comes back several times a day if she has to and as we approach Christmas she will bend over backwards to see we get anything that she has never knew who she worked for then coincidentally she just called at lunch and I said to the wife “where is she from?”, “My Hermes”, so we must have one of the few good ones 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

I just tried to send some items back to Amazon and they used Hermes. I was told they would ‘Collect next business day’ which was Monday.

They didn’t appear.

On Tuesday afternoon I checked online and the Amazon Returns page said Hermes had tried to collect at 12.38pm on Tuesday. They hadn’t (it’s an office address and there is always someone in our office + there are two more businesses in the building that could have answered the door if we had all become momentarily deaf) and no ‘We have tried to collect’ card was left with instructions on what to do next. The Hermes site states they would try two more times but in an online chat I was told that the collection has now been cancelled (no reason given) and they wouldn’t come back out – suggesting instead that I drop it off at a collection point (don’t want to do this due to the size of the parcels).

They then sent me a link to the ‘request a recollection’ page but it didn’t recognise the codes I put in (although I could use the codes elsewhere on the site and they were recognised).

Useless bunch of idiots – I reckon they simply don’t want to collect the parcel as it is a low value task with no penalties at this busy time of year.

BigJohn

13:26 Delivered, Customer Signature – according to tracking.

(7 minutes ago…)

ticsmon

Hope not

andrewreay

Pretty sure it’s not been delivered, the universe hasn’t folded into itself.

We should be good for a while yet.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

It’s been delivered, but… I’m not at home?

Signature says Alan (crashed scud)

Type in EH89eh when it asks you if you view Sig on tracking information.

Further mysteries!!!

zokes
    Free Member

This cannot be!!!

EDIT: too slow by about 20 seconds

johndoh
    Free Member

My favourite Hermes delivery ever (on the card they put through the door they told me they hid the parcel beside the door – the same door I could only get through after tripping over the hidden parcel).

BigJohn

Did the signature look cynical?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Your soul now belongs to Alan.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Cynical has been to my house actually..

wzzzz
    Free Member

“crashed scan”?

What does that mean?

willard

I WANT TO SEE HOW THIS ENDS!!!!!

Come on MyHermes, just one more try, you can doooo eeeeeet!!!

wwaswas

deepreddave
    Free Member

At least you now know one of you is called Alan…. and Alan/you have the handwriting of a 5yr old.

BigJohn

I think it says AAW. As in aaw shucks!

And according to Google Maps Streetview- I think the beggar outside Starbucks has got a newish-looking cardboard box.

deadslow

Could have been worse, the OP’s could have been signed for and now owned by Louise! 😈

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Guys…..

They just left it in the stairwell.

The tracking:

perchypanther
    Free Member

Well, Open it!

We’re dying to see what your soul actually looks like.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 395 total)

The topic ‘MyHermes: Divide by Zero’ is closed to new replies.