Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • MyHermes delivery….
  • medlow
    Free Member

So my parcel has not been received by the recipient.

Their telephones are down due to ‘technical difficulties’
    Try another option and it tells me to use the email function on the website… Grrr.

I chat (type) to some dude probably 10,000 miles away who tells me that I will receive a claim form.

I said I dont want a claim, please locate it and forwarded to the recipient.

He tells me the parcel is ‘lost and they are unable to retrieve it.’
    No attempt of an investigation or anything. Just a stock answer of it’s lost, here is a claim form, bye bye… Feckers.

I am so angry. Sure the ‘recipient’ is too.!

Rant over.

kerley
    Free Member

You get the service you pay for. They are cheap for a reason.

tjagain

Yup

I will not buy anything unless its a reputable delivery service

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gary_M
    Free Member

Why not just fill in the claim form, get your money back, then refund the buyer?

Of almost 180 parcels I’ve sent with hermes none have gone missing and only one has been damaged, and I was refunded within a couple of days.

Royal mail have lost more.

medlow
    Free Member

Indeed!

Am I right in thinking that Hermes use local self employed runners with their own cars for the doorstep drop?

Glad I paid for the insurance as I will be refunding the guy no doubt.
    So hopefully nobody will be out of pocket..
    The opposite in fact, a can see a nice Garmin Fenix being offered in a pub for £20 soon enough somehwere in the country.

STATO
    Free Member

Internet user shocked to find themselves affected by real world things they read about on the internet. Moans about it on internet.

Drac

Our MyHermes guy is brilliant. He arrives around 10am the next day, if there’s no reply he leaves it with a neighbour or will call back later.

medlow
    Free Member

I love a good moan.

Murray

My MyHermes guy marked 3 packages in a row as delivered when they weren’t and then claimed my house doesn’t exist. Royal Mail, Parcelforce, DHL, Yodel etc. don’t have any problems.

I now won’t buy if MyHermes are the courier. It’s probably down to one person but I’ve wasted too much time cancelling orders or arranging deliveries with other couriers.

plyphon
    Free Member

I used MyHermes last week for the first time in years.

The last time they delivered to the wrong address, but got a signature from whoever answered the door and stonewalled me when I asked why my buyer hadn’t got his goods yet.

Luckily the person who it was delivered too was a nice retired lady who walked it round to his place a few days later.

The parcel I sent last week is “Delayed in transit” according to the tracking… Good start.

bone_idle
    Free Member

My Hermes are absolute shite, I don’t buy from vender that uses them, I would much rather pay a bit more for RM or DPD. The sooner they go under the better.

kcal

now that eBay are pushing Hermes through Shutl I can see this not getting better.
    FWIW my MyHermes delivery guy is lovely.

Drac

Meldow who do you normally use for you classifieds?

cokie

I recently sold my entire bike in bits posting everything with MyHermes. Didn’t have any problems and cheap! Easiest courier for me as I work, so RM is shut when i’ve finished and no other delivery drop offs for miles. MyHermes drop off in 2 local villages and on the way back from work.
    I’d like to avoid them but unless I post everything on a weekend I have no other option.

Northwind

Every time I’ve made a claim with them they’ve just instantly declared it lost without investigating, and paid out. And on the one hand, I’d generally rather get the thing. But on the other, it’s simple and super fast- in fact same day IIRC. I had DHL lose an item and it took about a month to get a refund and it was all generally a pain in the arse.

Obviously, this depends on it being adequately insured… But let’s be honest, if you post something by hermes and you didn’t adequately insure it, you must be mental.

ads678

I’ve used Hermes a few times and they have mostly been ok.

Returned some Fox forks to CRC via Hermes and they went missing. Fortunately the Hermes tracking said they had received the parcel so CRC refunded me. I don’t think i’d use them for anything expensive I was sending personally.

medlow
    Free Member

It’s just more annoying they fail to attempt any investigation. They tell you “too bad, here’s the claim form.”

Surely that’s counter productive as it shows lack of care, and ultimately if there is something crooked going on inside or a failed process somewhere then the impression it gives is just; sh1t happens here’s how to get your money back..

Northwind

Well, look at it another way- would you rather they waited a week to give the impression they were looking, then made you fill out a claim form to get a refund? I’m very skeptical that most couriers will turn their warehouses upside down looking for my lost parcel.

medlow
    Free Member

Good point Northwind.
    I guess either way, I’m not going to be happy with the result.
    Call me a grumpy old customer.

postierich
    Free Member

I have to resort to taking pictures of parcels left on doorsteps to prove to my managers its not me when customers ring up complaining about parcels left insecure in full view of passer byes
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/TEDvBZ]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/UQBHMj]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

epicsteve
    Free Member

Got my hopes when I had a note through the door from the security guys at the gatehouse but even though it was a myHermes delivery (another purchase from here in fact) it was a different one. I suspect the most likely scenario with the parcel that’s gone missing is that (given it’s small and reasonably valuable) it’s been nicked somewhere along the delivery process – helped by the fact that myHermes tell me they can’t actually track parcels that are in their system.

Doesn’t look like myHermes actually tried to deliver it to the house though (no missed delivery note) – they and a few other couriers (Yodel being the worst) just hand everything to the gatehouse to save themselves the time of trying to find the house they’re supposed to deliver to.

medlow
    Free Member

Good point Northwind.
    I guess either way, I’m not going to be happy with the result.
    Call me a grumpy old customer.

prawny

I’ve used Hermes loads and never had a problem, I always pay for the signed service though. I had some pedals go missing that I returned through royal mail recorded and they tried to refuse to pay out because I couldn’t prove it wasn’t delivered, WTF.

The fact that Hermes pay out easily makes me more likely to use them if anything.

timber

At home they can deliver by breakfast.
    Our work yard they have never found, about 20 odd items never received. Every other courier company knows where our yard is.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’ve sent quite a few item by Hermes if they fall outside of RM’s size or pricing structure. I.e. Long or heavyish cheap items. I’d never use them for stuff of great value though.

I was delivered half a parcel by them the other day. The item I ordered was 1.5m long, it’s turned up in a tube .5m long, the empty half with my address stuck to it. God knows where the item and the other half of the tube went.

medlow
    Free Member

How have peeps got their claims back so quick?
    They tell me I have to wait for 14days from the last tracking point..

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve just been on a webchat with them, trying to get them to update the status to lost given they’ve confirmed they can’t locate the parcel. Not sure if they’ve done that but I’m being told it’s ok for the claim to be submitted now.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve had a look through their terms and conditions and it doesn’t say anything about having to wait 14 days from the last tracking to make a claim. The only date things it seems to mention is that the claim has to be made within 28 days from order – which it this case wouldn’t even leave much of a gap between that 14 days from last track and the max 28 days in which to make a claim.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Used Hermes once.

They smashed up an Arcam Alpha 9 power amp. One corner dented, diagonally opposite corner also got it and the plastic facia broke.

They paid up but it’s hardly the point.

I’d never use them again.

UPS for the win.

velocipede
    Free Member

I use myhermes all the time – hundreds of items and no problems….

RM on the other hand…..

Worst scenario was a bike sent via Parcelforce…..never arrived….after PO investigation and police getting involved, it turned out that the Parcelforce delivery guy had a garage full of stolen high end bikes……(mine had already been sold on, it would seem)

….the feckers wouldn’t pay compensation even though there own man was responsible… ok I hadn’t paid for the full insurance BUT THEIR OWN EMPLOYEE HAD NICKED MY BIKE……un-be-lievable….have never used them again

…I saw the bike for sale on ebay several years later and contacted the police…..THEY WEREN”T INTERESTED EITHER!!! FFS

epicsteve
    Free Member

Any luck with the insurance claim?

Thanks for refunding the payment BTW!

medlow
    Free Member

Hey Steve…
    I got an email from them on Saturday saying the process was on hold until I supplied proof of the Paypal transaction, (I had already attached a screenshot to the case weeks ago)
    I resent it.
    I got an email from them today saying they will refund the cost and the postage price.
    With no apology at all from them. Grrrr.

I hope this is the end of it, and I can only apologize for the frustration.
    (if it turns up in a years time, let me know!)

geoffj

It’s just more annoying they fail to attempt any investigation. They tell you “too bad, here’s the claim form.”

Surely that’s counter productive as it shows lack of care, and ultimately if there is something crooked going on inside or a failed process somewhere then the impression it gives is just; sh1t happens here’s how to get your money back..

I’d say that the cost of an investigation soon exceeds the cost of providing a refund in most cases. Sad, but not unexpected unfortunately.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘MyHermes delivery….’ is closed to new replies.