Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • My wife's theory about nuts…
  • Kryton57

She says she heard that despite their high calorific content, part calories in nuts “don’t count” because they aren’t absorbed, aka “you can’t get fat from eating too many plain nuts”.

Really?

footflaps

Well they always seem to come out the other end in pieces, so there is some truth in that….

Drac

Contents of what kind of nuts?

Milkie
    Free Member

I thought nuts were filled with protein… No wait… Oh those nuts! 😉

gonefishin
    Free Member

*sniggers at Drac*

Drac

lovewookie

hmm, nut milk…

it’s true though, i mean, what else would it be when you have that sensation of shitting a snickers.
    (sorry marathon)

sharkbait
    Free Member

…….. am disappoint.
    I was expecting a short lived thread most suitable for a Friday and all I see is some dietary nonsense. Kryton you should be ashamed – please post pics of MrsKryton to make amends.

Kryton57

Kryton you should be ashamed – please post pics of MrsKryton to make amends.

Obviously I wouldn’t expose her identify but this’d be pretty close…

😀

Kryton57

Back OT, it appears to be the fibre/protien content that helps;

http://www.dietriffic.com/2010/04/27/are-nuts-fattening/

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

Ooh!

The mathematical theory of “energy consumed minus energy expended equals weight gain” predicted that women should gain 7.5 pounds
    Instead, the participants’ weight did not change at all. In fact, their weights went on average from 155.9 lbs to 154.6 lbs.

But… but…..!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Does Nutella count?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is it wrong that I fancy the ginger squirrel?

Clover

Calorific content is measured by burning and measuring the heat produced. By that measure you could get fat eating a chunk of coal.

What it doesn’t take into account is that some parts of food are indigestible to us so we can’t use the energy /turn them into fat. Also that some foods take more energy to digest.

So I reckon that when you eat processed foods you use a higher proportion of the calories that they contain compared to whole food where you have expend energy digesting them plus you won’t get the full calorific value out of fibrous / part digested parts.

I’m with your wife, Kryton.

Kryton57

I’m with your wife, Kryton.

*dons boxing gloves, runs downstairs* 👿

Clover

We’d make a great couple 😉
    [/url]pachacuti by BeateKubitz, on Flickr[/img]

Kryton57

Kryton57 – Member

*dons boxing gloves video camera, runs downstairs*

tomhoward

*dons boxing gloves, runs downstairs*

toxicsoks
    Free Member

http://calorielab.com/foods/nuts/18

Knock yourself out etc.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Ooh!
    The mathematical theory of “energy consumed minus energy expended equals weight gain” predicted that women should gain 7.5 pounds
    Instead, the participants’ weight did not change at all. In fact, their weights went on average from 155.9 lbs to 154.6 lbs.
    But… but…..!

Nothing like a bit of over simplification to get things wrong. Total energy in less Total energy out = Accumulation. Energy out isn’t the same as energy expended.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘My wife's theory about nuts…’ is closed to new replies.