• This topic has 51 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by poah.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • My wife wants a house rabbit…
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member
    Why the hell has rabbit threesome experimentalist gofasterstripes not posted here?

This post left intentionally blank.

emsz
    Free Member

ssooooooo cute

want

deepreddave
    Free Member

Ollie and friend above.

Am I the only one who thought ‘what a lovely pair of warm slippers they would make?’.

andyl
    Free Member

Cuddled up to the dog (he sits on her and licks her nose):

and annoying the cat by wiggling his bum up to him trying to sneak a cuddle:

Chewing wires: yup
    Especially phone wire: yup (BT phone wires are unique to BT and really hard to patch)
    Pulls DVDs out of the DVD rack: yup, need to move all the OHs DVDs to the bottom row as it’s her fault we have him
    Nibbles carpet: sometimes, also bits of lose wallpaper. They basically find any slight bit of decoration that is not stuck down right and attack it.
    Nibbles sofa: yup, now have bits of aircraft protecting corners
    Smelly: a little bit but it’s better using sawdust in his litter tray and now neutered he smells a lot less.
    Clean up every day: pretty much, he likes to toss his litter tray over when he is angry so he now has a dust buster of his own on charge right next to his pen
    Hates being picked up: yup, but then he secretly likes being snuggled
    He’s a pain in the ass and the dog and cat are much easier to live with and easier to get people to look after

The good:
    He is a character. He loves the cat and the dog and you can train them. They do need mental stimulation. Ours was rehomed due to fighting but after he started humping the dog we had his balls cut off. Now a lot cleaner with no humping, marking etc.
    He used to live with a cat too who he loved so is quite drawn to our cat. Sometimes he gets in the cats face so the cat smacks him (no claws), other times they take turns chasing each other around the house.
    Fully litter trained, he lives in a puppy pen with a box, tray, some toys etc and when he’s been naughty he knows the phrase “go home” and has a sulk.
    Now it’s getting warmer he has a run outside so we can chuck him out there.

Would I have another? Yes but only in my own place and if I could plan somewhere proper for him to live and not destroy stuff. Preferably in a conservatory type room and possibly with a cat flap into an outside run. He loves the dog and cat and occasionally will jump on my lap. He has no sense of personal space though and will sit on the dog and walk across my shoulders. He has OCD about being clean and tidy and just flops asleep on the floor or sofa which shows he’s happy.

I’ve had quite a few mains shocks since we got him so need to get some more flexible cable conduit (ikea sell the split type, DIy stores sell the non-split type).

andyl
    Free Member

Oh and worth checking if you have a local bunny hotel (ie a bunny kennel) near you. We are yet to use the one near us but we did check it out and they absolutely love rabbits and do seem to take very good care of them and let the house rabbits take turns running around indoors so we know we can use it as a backup if our housemate or neighbours are not around.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

There is much truth in this thread.

Bright eyes.

Xylene
    Free Member

Ben was our rabbit – he was a nightmare – spent his days either humping my legs, sitting on me, pissing in the corner, or chasing the cats growling at them.

Wouldn’t have another, he was too much hard work.

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Stinky, full of fleas, shitting machine, the carpet will be ruined within a year due to the ammonia in their piss.
    Also you have to put up with Paul Daniels. 😕

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

You either have no idea what you’re talking about or no idea how to look after your rabbits.

I hope it’s the former.

bearnecessities

Think he’s talking about Debbie McGee.

poah
    Free Member

used to have a house rabbit. Would mainly stay in the kitchen but would venture out into the living room. Used a litter tray for the toilet (they have toilet areas in burrows) and they do chew some things but it depends on the rabbit. Ours chewed the skirting board every so often. Got on great with our dog at the time and he would actively protect bob from the cat lol.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZlkvwPAYcs[/video]

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘My wife wants a house rabbit…’ is closed to new replies.