Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • My West Highland Way Double Attempt this weekend as well!
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

How odd, it’s my double attempt this weekend! Freaky hey! Just hoping to complete it without it killing me!

druidh
    Free Member

I think you’re awesome for even attempting it!

terrahawk
    Free Member

hurrah! You’ll have a head start on Phil who’s setting off at 8.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Phil will be wearing Team JMC kit, in case you are wondering…in case you have an ‘encounter’.

Good luck, BTW.

druidh
    Free Member

I hope Phil has a bell he can use whilst overtaking. I wouldn’t like them to crash into each other 🙂

terrahawk
    Free Member

yes. a crash on a ride so remote would be a tad embarrassing 😉

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Kicking off about 7am. Mine is an unsupported attempt as well. It takes as long as it takes. I expect to be overtaken within the first hour! I’ll be on a Spesh 29er. With huge bum bag and rucksack…

JAG

huge bum bag

Now you see – I read that all wrong 😆

druidh
    Free Member

Err – I take it you are both starting at the same end?

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Well I’m starting at Milngavie ; )

surfer
    Free Member

Good luck Daisy! send me updates!

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

With huge bum bag and rucksack…

Good luck fella … I assume this ^^^ means you’re carrying enough gear to endure a night out?

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

I have bivvy bag, silver foil blanket etc. all just in case….my adventure starts when I turn back and head south….

teacake
    Free Member

Go for it!! I hope the weather is better where you are . . .

Just keep moving and you’ll get there. 😀

stick_man

I can really get my head around this, a 190 mile mountain bike ride? Is that right?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I can really get my head around this, a 190 mile mountain bike ride? Is that right?

Yep, and the terrain is pretty tough going in a lot of places too 😯

druidh
    Free Member

Except for the rock-scrambling bit where you have to carry the bike.

stick_man

If wanted to get myself from ‘big day out in the Lakes’ fit to ‘West Highland double’ fit, how would I go about that?

I just can’t imagine how you can maintain the exertion for that long as well as tolerate the sleep deprivation!

richmtb

Hats off, thats absolutely hardcore.

You’d be scaping me off the ground before I made in to Crianlarich

95 miles each way with the best part of 9000 feet of climbing!

Good luck

chugg08

Hope it goes well, it’ll be amazing at the end. One way was enough for me…and that was over 2 days!

druidh
    Free Member

Any news????

Rorschach
    Free Member

Ahhhh it is our Ben (who is mad as a box of frogs sat on a tuble dryer 😀 ).
    Just be glad he’s not on the tandem!!!
    I will enquire as to his condition forthwith.

terrahawk
    Free Member

pretty sure he was in a tent at Bridge Of Orchy at about 3am last night.

organdonor
    Free Member

Hope it goes well, it’ll be amazing at the end. One way was enough for me…and that was over 2 days!

+1

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Firstly a massive well done to Phil for his achievment. We saw each other on route and wished each other well. He then disappeared at Mach5 up the trail! What a guy and super nice to 😀
    Sorry to report a DNF for me. As night fell and already cold, wet and wearing all my spare clothes, decided that it was wise to call it a day, despite being an hour up on schedule. Having no support on route I wasn’t keen to see how 3am felt and calling mnt rescue is seriously uncool. Still took me three phone calls to friends for half an hour to decide if I was being a wimp. It was a really hard call. In the cold light of day it was the right decision. I’d ridden the route one way 2 weeks before so I wasn’t going to prove anything to myself expect I would have been an hour slower and finding a b&b in Fort William in the wee smal hours would have been interesting! In hindsight I wish I’d attempted it four weeks early but just not wasn’t ready. Glad I tried it and will be back to try again. Thanks for all your positive vibes on route and well done to Phil again.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Good effort.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Bad luck DD, you didn’t fail you did better than all but one of us #Phil #Hero and don’t forget the West Highland Way will still be there in better weather. Quite fancy it myself one day.

Rorschach
    Free Member

It was the fault of that shonky cracked specialized Ben 😉

druidh
    Free Member

Stevie-P
    Free Member

Very well done, both of you.

matt_outandabout

Great effort, and something I wouldn’t contemplate, so fair play for stepping up and having a go…

w90joe
    Free Member

Big respect for anyone trying the WHWX2 I am so pleased I was first to do it last year but it has been a lonely club, so well done Phil a fantastic time, and hard luck daisy duke, I had bad weather and its a teller. 29er is the way though, I did it on a 26 Blur and I now have a Tallboy…Nice and just the job, I wish I had it back then. http://www.w90joe.blogspot.com

JohnClimber
    Free Member

The more I read the more I want to do it but with an overnight and only in good weather, so at short notice.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘My West Highland Way Double Attempt this weekend as well!’ is closed to new replies.