• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • My weirdest cycling-related injury to date…
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

… a bee sting right between the eyes at 30mph.

Road ride after work this evening. *THWACK*. Floored me for a good 20mins. Genuinely thought some kids had taken a potshot with an air rifle. Never felt pain like it.

That is all.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

ouch 🙁

I've always worried about bees or wasps getting into my helmet… 😯

cynic-al
    Free Member

Glasses are your friend.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Hmm I wear cycling glasses but it doesn't stop you getting it smack in the middle of you forehead as I found out (not a sting but a huge insect) the other day 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

I've always worried about bees or wasps getting into my helmet

Being a baldy – I can tell exactly what happens most times when a bee or wasp [or other critter] gets in your helmet
    It runs across your head & straight out the back, quite an odd feeling 🙂

Clink

Bee went in one of my helmet vents yesterday – stung me straight away! Cue emergency stop, throwing off helmet etc. Most have been most amusing to passers by (on high street)! Not as sore as I had feared though.

njee20
    Free Member

I had a bee fly into my helmet and sting me a few years ago, hurt like ****, and having never had a problem before I had a slight allergic reaction and it swelled up!

Ended up with a round lump about 2" diameter which stuck out about 0.5" for a couple of weeks, it was all fluid, I could poke my finger into it and leave a dent for a few hours! Couldn't get a helmet on until it went down, I looked rather daft!

DrP

I had a bee fly up my gaping short leg and sting my butt!
    Was on the tandem at the time – leapt off, and started spanking myself (after dropping m'pants!)

DrP

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘My weirdest cycling-related injury to date…’ is closed to new replies.