Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • "My waters have broken"
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Thought she was dreaming at 4.30 this morning, not due for another month, but oh no. 80 miles later and I'm all dressed up in scrubs waiting for an emergency c section to start. Third one for me, but still very exciting. Wish I'd stopped for a McDonalds brekkie though.

samuri
    Free Member

congratulations. For the third one I'm amazed you had time to drive 80 miles. Normally they just fall out by that stage.

mogrim

Congratulations!

Daughter number two did the same thing, 4:30am.

Wife: "My waters have broken"
    Me: "It's 4:30am, you sure you haven't wet yourself?"

🙄

6 years later she still reminds me about my lack of thoughtfulness.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I had a good feel all round the bed first before I got out, then it was action stations, except nothing was ready of course.

It's a good job she lasted 80 miles, it's the closest hospital capable of doing a section, which is the only safe method for her this time.

Getting bored now. Finished the crossword, and heat magazine is not for me.

Drac

Waters can break way way before it's ready to drop but having C section means you know it'll be today.

Along to the canteen with you, there'll be plenty of time.

Pigface
    Free Member

Last week a mate in work had the same thing happen, asked his missus if he could get a Burger King on the way. She told him to **** off and get to the hospital. Dropped her off went to park the car came back and had a baby girl waiting for him.

Good luck hope it all goes well.

binners

Sounds familiar. I had the same. I think on being woken at 2am my reply to 'my waters have broken' was along the lines of 'they can't have done, you're not due for a month'. Followed by blind panic

Hope it all goes well fella

tjr666
    Free Member

Congratulations!

Daughter number two did the same thing, 4:30am.

Wife: "My waters have broken"
    Me: "It's 4:30am, you sure you haven't wet yourself?"

6 years later she still reminds me about my lack of thoughtfulness.

You think thats bad? For our first one, the missus had been in 'slow labour' for weeks…loads of false alarms etc etc…one of my mates had come down from Scotland and she was yet again convinced that she going into labour (she was, but I was just like, 'oh its nothing as per usual') and proceeded to drink like a fish (not seen said mate in ages). Suffice to say he arrived in the early hours of the morn. 😳

tjr666
    Free Member

oh and congrats thegreatape 😉

langy
    Free Member

Hope my wife wakes me with this in the morning – "overdue" by almost 4 days now, but the wife is just "over it" with the aches and pains, interrupted sleep, awkward movement due to the bump, etc.

I hope for her sake it goes sooner rather than later as the hospital tend to wait until 8-10 days. By then, she be royally pi$$ed off the way it's going – that'll be fun for all concerned 🙄

thegreatape
    Free Member

A wee boy, 7lb something, at 10 o'clock. He's in the SCBU while his breathing is weak but that isn't a huge surprise as his brother did the same. Job done.

dmiller
    Free Member

Congratlations! 🙂

mangoridebike

Congrats 🙂

Hope the stay in the SCBU is not too long.

Prepare for your riding time to disappear totally 😉

Bunnyhop

Aww, that's great news, congratulations.

Has thelittleape got a name?

thegreatape
    Free Member

No name yet, although looking at him, thelittleape will probably do.

tommytowtruck

Congratulations!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Congratulations! Hope you are all home soon, am hoping for a nice steady, maybe 9.30am "yea, I think it's time but maybe a cup of tea first" in the next couple of days. Not due for 2 weeks but would fit in nicely with half term right now 🙂
    Oh, and looks like thelittleape has been taken? Back to the drawing board for names then.

theboatman
    Free Member

Congratulations!! I'm just sat vacantly staring at our new 6 day old girl, who came via an emergency section. She had the decency to come a bit early, and has saved me having to work over the bank hol 8) I'm in that tired dreamy wonderland bit.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

well done great news 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘"My waters have broken"’ is closed to new replies.