Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • my vote for best hannibal lector film?
  • racefaceec90

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO_DlIs6VF8[/video]
    awesome film (and soundtrack).

oh and brian cox is fantastic as dr lector (very understated performance).

since seeing it again last week on itv4 (and downloading the soundtrack yesterday),it has gone in my all time fav film list.

kudos to will graham also jumping through the conservatory door to tackle a homicidal 6ft 8 inch tall serial killer too 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Agreed excellent film

Drac

I take it that’s Manhunt?

Very good film.

marcus7
    Free Member

I do like this film but the Miami vice style always brings a smile to my face…

shogger
    Free Member

Manhunter – best of the bunch by far – all the Anthony Hopkins ones are crap…It is indeed very stylised and a film of it’s time (mid 80s), but there’s nothing wrong with that. Another great Michael Mann film is LA Takedown – later remade as Heat (Al Pacino and Robert De Niro), which is not as good as the original…

RustySpanner

Watched both Manhunter and Silence of the Lambs on the telly last week.
    Both great, but very, very different.

Agreed about the cinematography on Manhunter, it’s amazing.

Jodie Foster’s performance in SOTL is fantastic though, as was Hopkins.

Tough call, tbh.

highclimber
    Free Member

I like Manhunter but Silence of the Lambs is an excellent film – watched half of it last night before I got too sleepy.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

long long time since I’ve seen it, all I really recall is the Iron Butterfly track

grievoustim
    Free Member

Manhunter is good , but Silence of the Lambs is superb

So much of it was imitated by subsequent films its easy to dismiss it now as cliched – but it was all fresh at the time. It’s such a “tight” film

The rest are all awful though

thx1138
    Free Member

I liked the bit in Hannibal where Ray Liotta is being fed his own brain. A nice tough that, I thought.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Silence of the Lambs followed by Manhunter. I suddenly feel very old as I think I first saw Manhunter on a VHS rental.

fatalbert
    Free Member

Silence of the lambs just about to start on channel 157 Sony tv

MrFart
    Free Member

Is Manhunter better than Red Dragon?

DezB
    Free Member

Manhunter is best for William Peterson showing off the bandiest legs in Hollywood.

kudos100
    Free Member

Manhunter is good, but I don’t think it stands up to the book as well as silence of the lambs.

SOL is a brilliant film. Shame the other two are poor in comparison.

Red dragon is pants. Casting Ralph Fiennes as the bad guy was a huge mistake IMO.

seahouse
    Free Member

I think Red Dragon is the best of the bunch, Hannibal reads like a movie script. But i do have a soft spot for Manhunter. Oh and less said about Hannibal Rising the better, truly terrible book and film.

highclimber
    Free Member

Oh and less said about Hannibal Rising the better, truly terrible book and film.

Agreed, I was thoroughly disappointed with Mr Harris for publishing that.
    Hannibal, the book, on the other hand was brilliant. I must read Silence of the lambs!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘my vote for best hannibal lector film?’ is closed to new replies.