Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • my video on youtube
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

i have a video of me bouldering on 'youtube' about 2 years ago and i just got an email from youtube saying "you may have content that is owned or licensed by Wind Up.

"No action is required on your part";

(a) what does this mean ? (b) my video is all of my own filming and a song added like everyone else has on their videos…..
    ah …( i dont think they like me using the song..looks like i have to replace the music by using something called 'Audio swap which they sent me a link to.

Xylene
    Free Member

the song

alexxx
    Free Member

yeah its because some record companies are cracking down, others allow it.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

interesting. The reason I have not yet uploaded the many holiday videos of mine onto YouTube is fear of copyright pedants. I always use someone else's music.

beamers

I've uploaded quite a vew videos onto Vimeo, some of which also went onto YouTube. I received a similar message to the OPs from YouTube about some of the vids. No dramas thus far with vimeo.

My TransRockies Photo Montage set to music is a prime example.

fisha
    Free Member

I try and find obscure stuff that others have already uploaded onto youtube. I think download the MP3 of the youtube video and use it for my own.

Works well enough for me … I am amazed though how it manages to figure out what tunes are though.

jon1973
    Free Member

The reason I have not yet uploaded the many holiday videos of mine onto YouTube

Why would you want to do that anyway?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Why would you want to do that anyway?

Eh? Why would anyone want to load any video on the internet?

it is then considerably easier for friends and family to view them. For example the big gang who go away skiing get to see my ski vid masterpiece

my youngest is on hols with the grandparents at the mo' and we get to see his antics every day on You Tube through the telly. Great!

U31
    Free Member

Works well enough for me … I am amazed though how it manages to figure out what tunes are though.

It samples the waveform of the tune, Donald, each is unique like a fingerprint..
    If you have Soundforge or Audacity and open up a tune, especially a DJ mix, you'll see what i mean. Individual tunes can be identified, that's how i rip hard to find music out of a mix

iDave
    Free Member

my mongolian throat singers agent would be stamping his feet if he knew he wasn't getting royalties from all the youtube listens he's had…

U31
    Free Member

Two different tunes here to demonstrate the differences in wafeform…

molgrips
    Free Member

Can we see the vid? 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

do you really want to ? i dunno molegrops i dont want another lenghty debate lol. (no ropes too ! (bouldering) just the smallest finger pockets i was using….. very steep bolt upright slab. i may post the vid soon 😉 let me think about it …lol 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

If you post a bouldering vid you'll just get climbers commenting nicely on it. No philosophical debate there!

No boulders were harmed during the making of this vid.

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol here goes then … 😉

billybob
    Free Member

Maybe they just don't like your choice of song…

molgrips
    Free Member

Nice. You almost lose it at 0:44, and the top is a bit thrutchy, but nice all the same 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

it was pretty hard for me as im only 5ft small…its quite a drop if you fall but luckily i didnt ….. 😉

grahamh
    Free Member

Crash mat, tssssk..
    Eeee in my day we'd put down broken glass just to make sure
    no one fell off 8)

Woody
    Free Member

Excellent work 'Pinkie'

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘my video on youtube’ is closed to new replies.