Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • my Van Nicholas,please tell me what you think,cheers
  • deanogoku
    Free Member

Garry_Lager

Stealthy

HTTP404
    Free Member

??

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t like all the multicoloured alloy bits

d45yth
    Free Member

I think it may be a touch too small for you?

carbon337
    Free Member

Is the frame not too small? Looking at the spacers and seat post.

Ringo
    Free Member

are you irish?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Minging. Sorry. Blue rotors and red hubs?

duntstick
    Free Member

Explosion in a patriotic merchandise warehouse………….

deanogoku
    Free Member

i mainly ride on the road so i have the seat up high,th frame is 19in and im 5ft 11…as for the spacers the fox forks they were recons and had a new tube put on it,as they say you can take some off but you cant put any back on so i left as it is for the time being

manitou
    Free Member

Id never have red hubs as they got pink eventually

yossarian
    Free Member

Looks fine if you like it. Colours and components are totally personal

I’d think about white forks though

deanogoku
    Free Member

am still thinking about the white forks,maybe some talas? or sid?

bloodynora
    Free Member

Red brick/boarding/tarmac Fail

Bike is…. errr colourful!

yossarian
    Free Member

And white rims

You can get coloured chains too you know?

deanogoku
    Free Member

yossarian
    Free Member

And red grips

deanogoku
    Free Member

since this pic iv got peaty lizard skin red/white/blue grips

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

And cables and brake hoses looking bit bland 😉

james
    Free Member

Any chance of a (flat) picture of the side of the bike? To judge your seatpost height/bar height. I asusme the forks are 100mm? In which case 30mm spacers, a 6-8deg? rise stem and 1″? (low rise) bar isn’t exactly high when you’re 5’11”. Could maybe be lower, but then if you want to ride all day long then a bar-to-saddle drop could get to your lower back. I know my XC HT does over about 4hours out riding
    The amount of seatpost showing would suggest it might be a bit small though, what size is the frame? I’m guessing not large?

Could maybe setup the brakes so you only need 1 finger so you have the rest of your fingers to hold on with. XT shifters should be able to be setup the other side of your brakes what with being able to adjust the clamp position relative to the shifter unit. Having said that you do have hopes so things could be limited. Personally I’d ditch the shifter windows anyway (as I find glancing down tells me 100% of the time exactly which gear I’m in) and replace with the blanking plates they should have come with, this might give you more positioning options if the hopes are troublesome

What rims are they?

The low swing front mech helps to break up the length of the downtube nicely. Also ought to reduce mud build up around the chainstay/seattube/BB area and hopefully not wear out the front mech asx quickly, or at least this was my thinking with my hardtail bikes

Personally I don’t think I’d have ever thought about Panaracer CG’s for an XC hardtail, though I’ve also never ridden them ..

It does look like a bike crying out to be finished off with some SPD pedals though. Even if it were M520’s

deanogoku
    Free Member

hi james,thanks for your imput,the forks are fox vanilla rc 140mm,like a say i have the seat up high if im doing 50/60 miles on the road,but if im going local il have it alot lower for the off road bits lot nicer to ride like that tbf,as for the tyres they are shite,i always wanted a Ti frame and had it built up bit by bit to a budget,the tyres were recomended by the guy in the shop,i dont recomend them at all,il post a side veiw pic of the bike now,cheers again dude

tomaso
    Free Member

Nice bike but it needs more black – swap out the bars to let the whole patriotic ensemble sing in harmony.

And that is a lot of seatpost showing = not goof for frame stress

trail_rat
    Free Member

your american right ?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that is a 16″ frame…

rOcKeTdOg

Optical illusion or is the top tube bent?

wwaswas

No way is that 19″ frame with that much seatpost showing for someone your height.

The aesthetics are personal, obviously, but there’s too many colours for my taste.

yossarian
    Free Member

Rather than buying new forks you could get them sprayed. Much cheaper.

Rorschach
    Free Member

If you ride mainly on the road surely a road bike would be more appropiate?

bedmaker

You could do with some red, white and blue electrical tape to do the cables like they do with the kerbs on some of the streets in Belfast.

t-p26
    Free Member

“please tell me what you think”

For knowing I`d offend you I wont……

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

It’s a bit ‘busy’

Houns

I like the patriotic colours though I’d have looked at blue hubs and red rotors too to see which looked best.

Nice frame, i did consider getting one (when they were cheap), but by the time i made up my mind they sold out in my size

deanogoku
    Free Member

OK guys i did make a mistake on the frame size,i did say it was 19inch but it is in fact 18 and a half,for you naysayers i will take a pic of me measuring the frame and post it on here if need be,the top IS bent as part of the design,check it out on the van Nicholas web site,in this pic the seat post is super long,its set at 3 with plenty left in the frame,plus its a ti frame with life time warranty with ti seat post,in other words i’m not worried about it,and lastly,why don’t i have a road bike if i mainly do road riding?well if i could afford one right now i would,a lot of my mates hate road riding and prefer off road,i like both so it was a no brain er to get a mountain bike,i am saving at the mo for a road bike which means my van Nicholas seat post will be a lot lower,cheers for your input guys,i don’t mind if you hate it or dislike it,bottom line is i like it

wwaswas

it is in fact 18 and a half

are you measuring to the top of the seat tube or the centre of the top tube?

sefton
    Free Member

imo –

parts choice – nice
    colour coding – fail

hopefully it will be covered in mud anyhow

deanogoku
    Free Member

top of the seat tube to the centre of the crank

wwaswas

top of the seat tube to the centre of the crank

ok, most people use centre to centre for frame sizing, I think.

and according to the van-nic website it should be 18″ centre to top?

timmys

please tell me what you think

I think you’re meant to press the space bar after punctuation.

daznal
    Free Member

Dont mock the afflicted,color blindness is nothing to be laughed at,mr Dean thinks its just different shades of grey.

deanogoku
    Free Member

i see what you mean wwaswas,but i think you are right,they say you can measure from either the top of the seat tube or centre of the top tube depending on the manufacturer,but yh i think your right tho mate

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘my Van Nicholas,please tell me what you think,cheers’ is closed to new replies.