• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • My trusty steed
  • Lionheart
    Free Member

This is probably my favourite bike, I say that because it’s the one I ride the most. (I do also love my soul) Just back from a shake down ride having replaced the bearings, bb, cogs, chain and pads. It’s also got wider bars – fashion init(?). These are my oldest hydraulic brakes, which after replacing the lines with hel hose in (I reckon) 2003-4, I’ve never bled/touched them (regularly have new pads) and they are still perfect!
    Thanks to Brant for creating my fav frame and thanks to Saladodger (prob x6 years ago) for selling it to me for peanuts so I could experiment with the dark side. Not sure who fixed me up with wheels but other than bearings they are straight and true, so thank you as well. Also thanks to on one for flogging good bits super cheap (plus the odd CR bargin) to keep this steed on the trails.

letmetalktomark

I like it.

I have an odd loving of my Inbred too albeit a 29er. Its shorter than ideal, its heavier than ideal but it rides really nicely … you know ….. for gas pipe and all.

Edit … Yours is a 26” isn’t it?

federalski
    Free Member

Nice looking bike, I’m tempted now and again to try a bouncy fork on my ss.
    Can you clear that dirty looking wee hill in your second pic? Looks like a gruntfest on a ss and you took the pic where you chucked it 😉

Lionheart
    Free Member

Hill can be done, it looks harder than it rides. Stopped here as a call came in. Yes it’s a 26″. I have a 26″ Soul and a 29″ Solaris, both great bikes but I mostly grab this one.

kcal

I like it when a bike just ‘works’ — and get sold s/h to someone that will use them.

I bought (or was sold, really) my Kilauea for next to nothing by a fellow forum member – singlespeed conversion, it’s a lovely bike and gets ridden heaps, still, many years after I bought it – 6/7 years ago maybe? about all I’d like would be disc brakes really…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My trusty steed’ is closed to new replies.