Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • My trip to Scotland – Day 2
  • Gilles

Attempt to do a circular loop around Kinlochewe Forest but failed half way due to too much water to cross. So just a break near Lochan Fada, and back via the same route, still very enjoyable.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrKEm4v8y10[/video]

danielgroves
    Free Member

Headset cap isn’t straight.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Flashback been there and done it, made it across tbh I always say after I wish I had done the out and back, so I wouldn’t be despondent about that, was really difficult with the amount of rain I had a few years ago. Head down and do the loch damph loop that’s a good yin.

hairyscary

Flashback been there and done it, made it across tbh I always say after I wish I had done the out and back, so I wouldn’t be despondent about that, was really difficult with the amount of rain I had a few years ago. Head down and do the loch damph loop that’s a good yin.

I concur.

martinxyz
    Free Member

That’s a shame as it’s so dry up in the hills right now. The walk over to the gulley would have been pretty dry. edit, just watched the clip: well, the east coast is bone dry!

martinxyz
    Free Member

@ 50 secs, that’s where I bivi’d. Can’t believe the amount of water up there.

backcountrybiking
    Free Member

The Burn crossing to get down Bianasdail is only as deep as the burn you crossed already.

there is another way to continue on that journey.
    Click ‘Loch maree revisited’

martinxyz
    Free Member

Gilles

made it across tbh I always say after I wish I had done the out and back, so I wouldn’t be despondent about that, was really difficult with the amount of rain

I went 2 days later and started from the Bianasdail side, and that side was much more challenging so i agree that out and back was probably the best option at the end.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘My trip to Scotland – Day 2’ is closed to new replies.