Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • My trip to A&E today
  • bruneep

Out riding today and front wheel flipped up a massive tree branch stick, one end the said stick hit my shin bone the other end dug into the forest floor, then there was an almighty SNAP! and a rush of pain in my leg. First thoughts were I’d broken my leg but after hopping about swearing like a bad un I realised it was the stick that snapped not my leg. On closer inspection there was a massive piece of timber in under my skin.

went home to get rid of the bike, Mrs B said she’d have ago with a stanley blade and a set of her eyebrow tweezers, after a brief discussion i told her to f’cough!

So off to A&E I went

after a X-ray to confirm no bone damage, I was given a local anesthetic to make me comfortably numb.

After a bit of slicing and more local anesthetic by Dr Jen with the scalpel the large stick was free. 1 stitch a few steri strips and a huge box of antibiotics I was on my way after 3.5hrs.

Nothing but praise for all the staff in ARI 1st class treatment no complaints at all.

A few arseholes in the waiting room who really should’ve been booted out tho.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Man size splinter 😯

renton
    Free Member

thats good skills right there ^^^^^^^^^^^^

vixalot
    Free Member

Now thats a splinter 🙁 ouch

Rorschach
    Free Member

That’s not a splinter.
    THAT’S a splinter

Duane…
    Free Member

Fair play, from the first picture I thought you’d gone to A&E over a bit of pedal bite! Nice splinter.

stumpy01

ooof! Looks nasty.

gee
    Free Member

That’s not a splinter

http://annabuick.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/cyprus-sun-cycling-and-stumps-part-3/ (Scroll down to the bottom)

Cyprus: Sun, Cycling and Stumps, Part 2.

She’s now well on the mend.

GB

theblackmount
    Free Member

Don’t post up any pics of the arseholes please.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Bet that stung a bit.

Pigface
    Free Member

I am amazed this type of thing doesn’t happen more often. Get better soon.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

that was your bone, not a piece of wood, . . . how did it feel when the pumped you full of adamantium ?

i officially name you ‘Weapon Z’

bruneep

I’m taking the stick back to the woods tomorrow to return it to its natural habitat, so I do not anger the stick gods again.

Still smarting a bit now tho.

racefaceec90

ouch 😯 glad your legs ok 🙂

P20

A mate crashed in front of me a few years back. Once I stopped laughing, I realised he was looking a bit pale and sheepish. He reckoned he put a stick through his leg. Sure enough you could see where the stick had passed through under his skin. Packaged him up and sent him off to hospital. Phoned him that night to see how he was to be told he was still in hospital and they were going to knock him out the following day so they could properly clean the bone 😯 They kept him another night to continue iv antibiotics.

bruneep

Missed a pic

brakes
    Free Member

good job they didn’t leaf it in there, or you might have been lumbering around for while…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘My trip to A&E today’ is closed to new replies.