Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Parkwood Springs
  • Pook

It’s great. A good fun little track. I parked on Rutland Road and rode the loop a few times on a sunny, frosty Sheffield morning. Lovely.

Nice to see a few folks out on the track too enjoying and exploring (as much as you can!) Also, it was nice to bump into a couple of people who’d come from a bit further afield to try it out.

A few things – the berms are great. I am rubbish on them.
    The jumps are great for a beginner like me. Again, i am rubbish on them. The rock walks(?) I could do the one at the bottom of the hill, but struggled on the one at the car park.

It was shame to see some folks cutting some of the corners already though – to get a shortcut of 5 metres and I could see a place for one more berm.

Overall, cracking work. Looking forward to seeing more in Sheffield

h4muf
    Free Member

How long is it Chris?

Pook

10 minutes tops.

tracknicko
    Free Member

Great fun. Cold weather sets the surface like concrete too. V grippy.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDZweVQNS48[/video]

(bit clearer in 720p)

thepodge
    Free Member

I think it’s about 2k long

Still not had chance to get up there yet

tracknicko
    Free Member

yeh 2k or so.

think we did 4 laps and was 6 and a bit miles all in…

FOG

I have too many bad memories of hanging round PS looking for the scrotes who knicked my motorbike!

tracknicko
    Free Member

such is life. aint gonna get a patch of land that big to build on in the centre of a city unless its a bit dodgy…

Pook

cracking work on what little they have all the same. Fingers crossed something gets done with the ski village.

I went for a walk up there yesterday – there were loads out again. I’m going to set up a coffee trailer!

tracknicko
    Free Member

probably a good plan. there was around 10 or so folks circulating at 9.30am

and it was about -3….

lambo

Went last weekend to give it a whirl – fantastic effort by the team who built this. Brought home how pants I am but now there is somewhere in my doorstep where I can go to improve on the berms. Would love to see something made of the ski slope as well. Great to see this kind of thing appearing so close to the city.

h4muf
    Free Member

Where in relation to rother valley park is it? Biking it from Chesterfield canal – TPW – Rother valley?

Pook

it’s the other side of sheffield city centre from there lee.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Parkwood Springs’ is closed to new replies.