Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • My Thermarest delaminated :-(
  • allthegear
    Free Member

Was camping at the weekend and got woken up in the middle of the night to a fright as what felt like the ground shaking. or something big hitting the ground/tent. Turned out it was my Thermarest Evolite delaminating.

Trying to work out what I could have done wrong with it that caused it, or was I just unlucky?

(very unlucky – I can’t find the receipt)

Rachel

globalti
    Free Member

Blew too hard and over-inflated it?

kormoran
    Free Member

I had an old prolite go the same way, it was a bizarre experience! I was in Oz bivying in the outback, I think the sun had got to it.

The distributor in the UK gave me a new one foc, I didn’t have the receipt either as it was a few years old. I just popped into speak to them in my lunch hour(it was in matlock then).

Had a good laugh at the mountain of MSR stoves that are returned under warranty too.

allthegear
    Free Member

Maybe so – what’s “too hard”?

allthegear
    Free Member

MSR Stoves are well known for being a bit breaky. Main reason I have a Primus.

Cougar

(very unlucky – I can’t find the receipt)

You don’t need a receipt to return faulty goods.

How old is it? Chance your arm with Thermarest maybe, I’ve no personal experience but I’d have expected their customer service to be pretty good.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

You don’t need a receipt with Thermarest. Just pop it in the post to them – they’re in Kendal and you should have a new one (maybe a cosmetic second) within a month. I do know people who’ve had 15-20 year old thermarests replaced under their lifetime warranty. I’m currently hoping they’re going to replace my delaminated 24 year old mat (sent it off last week).

allthegear
    Free Member

Oh! Now that’s interesting. Will investigate. Thank you!

Ironically, my old original one is just fine.

edit – email sent.

Rachel

jonba
    Free Member

I’ve heard some really good things about them honouring lifetime warranties on their products. Don’t know if there new stuff has them. I was hoping to get my 16 year old one replaced but it just keeps on going.

allthegear
    Free Member

Yeah, it looks like they are happy to replace – go Thermarest! \o/

Which is more than can be said of Cotswold Outdoor…

“Hi Rachel,
    Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you further with this. If you are able to determine the proof of purchase please let us know so that we can assist you further with this^DH”

Thanks Cotswold Outdoor 🙄

Rachel

sweepy
    Free Member

Thermarest have brilliant customer service! The normal thing that causes delamination is leaving it inflated in a hot car, which is the one thing they said was not covered by the warranty.

Cotswold have let me down on customer service in the past too.

benp1

Thermarest customer service is absolutely top notch, you’ll be grand

globalti
    Free Member

I gave a pal and his wife Thermarests as a wedding present about 25 years ago and both are still going strong after regular use. They must have been better made in the early days.

SSBonty
    Free Member

Agree they have great customer service, same thing happened to a ~10 yr old Thermarest and was replaced by return of post. Considering the amount of use the original and new ones have had, I rate the company highly!

Cougar

If you are able to determine the proof of purchase

Doesn’t have to be a receipt though – bank statement if you paid on a card will suffice.

I gave a pal and his wife Thermarests as a wedding present about 25 years ago and both are still going strong after regular use.

That’s great. How are the Thermarests?

wwpaddler
    Free Member

And the replacement for my 24 year old delaminating ultralite long Thermarest is a brand new Prolite mat. Very happy with Thermarests warranty and customer service.

CountZero

I gave a pal and his wife Thermarests as a wedding present about 25 years ago and both are still going strong after regular use.
    That’s great. How are the Thermarests?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘My Thermarest delaminated :-(’ is closed to new replies.