Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • My that's a little pink
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Should be an interesting few days in Adelaide

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nobody, turning into an interesting game

slackalice
    Free Member

The series has been all one way so far, it’s a shame the kiwi’s haven’t been able to reproduce their performances earlier this year here in England.

Having said that, scores level at tea on the second day, so a bit closer. I haven’t listened to or read any coverage of this day/nighter, so wondering what the early impressions are of the new pink Kookaburra, what’s the view Mike?

WillH

Terrible TMO decision on Lyon, but more disappointing was how NZ let it get to them. Fair play to the Aussies though (much as it irks me to say so) they didn’t mess about once given that lifeline.

The pink ball doesn’t seem to be as much of a problem as it was feared beforehand, glad that the match is turning out to be a corker and the ball isn’t the main talking point.

jambalaya
    Free Member

An old ball looks pink anyway. Given the luminous pyjamas worn in limited overs cricket now the colour of the ball is the least of crickets worries.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It was a strange couple of days, watched the opening hour and it was all simple, went for a few beers and they were all out. Pitch it a bit grassy but the ball is moving under lights so for a series of batting attrition it’s been good to see the bowlers getting something.
    As for a 1 way series gabba then waca is never going to favour anyone other than Oz. Saying that with a good Dec the second test could have gone either way.

As for this one the ground has been fairly fully and it seems to be working out, though with the windies up next it’s probably due to this being the only decent games this summer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘My that's a little pink’ is closed to new replies.