Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • My telly's dying
  • dave360

A blue vertical line has appeared on the screen which as far as I can tell indicates some kind of graphics controller meltdown.

So when I pop out later to loot my local electrical emporium, what should I go for? 42″ is probably the biggest I can carry and I don’t want 3D, but should I go for an internet TV, or is it best to combine a standard TV with one of those internet capable freesat recorder thingys?

dave360

bumpety bump. Anyone?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Have a look on richer sounds and see what they have.Unless space is a problem it seems to make sense to use the TV as a monitor and connect up whatever then you’re not restricted as tech changes and paying for stuff you wont use.

This maybe

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/panasonic/viera-txl42u3b/pana-txl42u3b

stgeorge

42″ is probably the biggest I can carry

Going to Tottenham are we? 😀

Solo
    Free Member

I knew a bloke once who had an unreliable TV.

He ended up with four children, last I heard.

😉

Travis

you could always try radio, or no TV.

Makes great conversation.

Milkie
    Free Member

Don’t go for a 37″ Panel, they are rubbish and only made by one manufacturer.

Various threads on this site, all point to the Samsung C series, C650 has internet TV, worth it imo.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve got this one. Very happy with it. http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/37ld450/lg-37ld450

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

I knew a bloke once who had an unreliable TV.

He ended up with four children, last I heard.

I guess he didn’t quite get the hang of this looting malarky then did he. 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

I guess he didn’t quite get the hang of this looting malarky then did he.

Exactly.

Make Love not War.

😉

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

I have a 37″ Samsung and its really rather good. I spent 45 minutes in John Lewis looking at the 37″ & 40″ versions of the same set next to each other on various Freeview SD programs and also the same Blu Ray player.

The only difference I could detect was that the 40″ set was 3″ bigger than the 37″ one.

I’m an ex TV repair man as well by the way. You may pick up some differences in the lab with a pattern generator and some geek time but as with Hi Fi, the only real deciding factor is personal preference.

donsimon
    Free Member

The best Samsung you budget allows for.

CountZero

I would have suggested Sony Bravia, but someone told me that a couple of years ago Sony stopped making their own panels, and are nothing like as good now, allegedly. The guy is one of our studio Mac operators and well into lots of a/v and music creating stuff, so is pretty clued up.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Sony and Samsung are suppossed to have their panels made in a shared factory now. I have an older btavia but it is too colorful out of the box – you need to go into the service menu to correct it. Plus I always doubt Sony reliability.

I would get a Panasonic – or if you get a Samsung turn off all the picture processing as, to my eyes, it sucks badly.

Tiboy

I’ve got a Sharp 42″ LCD for sale if that’s any good? not the best screen in the world, but then again it’s only £320. lots of inputs, including VGA and HDMI, full 1080p, etc, with freeview digital built in

Would be collection only though from herefordshire. 😕

And no, it’s not from croydon last night! 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘My telly's dying’ is closed to new replies.