Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • My Subaru Forester stolen last night
  • chalky

My Subaru Forester (J5 TRV) was stolen from my driveway last night. Audacious thieves indeed seeing as the car was parked underneath our bedroom window and we only heard the flat four rumble away when it was too late. Police and insurance now notified.

If you could keep your eyes peeled for this distinctive car (black, gold wheels, grey leather interior, automatic, private reg!) in the Bradford, Halifax, Hebden, Keighley and Skipton area.

Much appreciated.

sandwicheater

Sorry dude, not cool.

Will keep an ear out, work in Sowerby Bridge.

Xylene
    Free Member

Do you know how it was stolen?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allthepies
    Free Member

Ironic plate reg!

honeybadgerx

Edit the post title if you still can then it should rank higher on Google searches for the reg. Long shot, but you never know if there’s a legit buyer being offered it.

chalky

That honeybadgerx is a great idea! I always put the reg of any secondhand car I’m looking to buy into Google.

chalky

J5 TRV R.I.P.

Stolen off my driveway at 1AM. Used in Pandoras jewellery store robbery in Halifax one hour later at 2AM.

Found burned out near Halifax last Friday 29th.

C**ts.

matt_outandabout

😈

bikebouy
    Free Member

😕

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

burned out! that’s like such a waste of a decent offroader and I should know, plenty of good times in one of those late at night on country estates 😉

Jason
    Free Member

I feel your pain. I had my Impreza stolen in similar circumstances. I almost caught the guy stealing it, but luckily he was driving off before I got to the him. In my case it took a few weeks before it was used in a robbery, chased by the police, and was then found dumped a few days later. I didn’t want the car back after that.

Hope insurance is playing ball and paying out without any fuss.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Not good news in a way, but , from experience of a mate, who’s car was stolen and the ignition barrel left on the drive with a small bag of weed, which was nice. Phoned the rozzers, not interested. Mentioned the weed, they appeared in 10 mins. Didn’t want to know the car, its an insurance job. Was found stripped out behind a pikey camp. At that point the insurance didn’t want to pay as had no proof it wasn’t still recoverable. Buy the time the insurance company went to recover it, it had gone again. Still didn’t want to pay. In the end no car was ever found again. Probably cubed in the local pikey scrapyard. Took nearly 6 months to be paid by Direct Line. At least, not what you wanted, but you know its ending, the insurance have a closed case and a missing car with a private plate cannot be re issued by the DVLA for 6 months, which it can be for this. Hope they catch the scum on CCTV etc.

Jason
    Free Member

In my case insurance paid out two weeks after the car was stolen, at that stage it hadn’t been found. The police were pretty on the ball too, although I think that was to do with a spate of vehicle thefts in the local area at the time so there was a bit of pressure on them to catch someone.

globalti
    Free Member

Sorry, but I think they did you a favour. Visually it’s badly under-wheeled and the body kit makes it look like a Russian pimp-mobile. Does it also have your monogramme on the door in gold lettering?

Take the cash and buy something modern.

boltonjon

globalti – you’re such a lovely chap kicking a man when he’s down

Do you bully children from behind your massive keyboard as well???

stumpy01

globalti – Member

Sorry, but I think they did you a favour. Visually it’s badly under-wheeled and the body kit makes it look like a Russian pimp-mobile. Does it also have your monogramme on the door in gold lettering?

Take the cash and buy something modern.

While I agree that it’s not exactly a looker, isn’t that the ‘hot’ STi version they did of the Forester? Quite rare & not exactly a normal chavved up Forester as you seem to be suggesting….?

Probably why it was nicked in the first place, unfortunately.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

That’s a bit harsh globalti

trail_rat
    Free Member

bar the wheels that looks awesome -(but i hate gold)

Far better than the 100 carbon copy “something moderns” on our roads today – probably give most of them a run for their money in terms of “go” as well ….

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

A forrester saved me and my family’s life when we were hit head on at night by a numpty who fell asleep, Estimated combined impact speed 100mph. Brand loyalty ever since. So I feel your pain 🙁

thepurist

Chalky, i feel your pain. I once spent a Sunday afternoon helping a young lady from work to get her car running again. She was late to work the next day, car stolen that evening and found burnt out in the middle of the night. If I hadn’t fixed it she wouldn’t have had the hassle, so it turned out that I was the bad guy and never got the rewards I was hoping for. Rotten thieving scumbags!

konabunny
    Free Member

bugger

wl
    Free Member

Bad luck, that. Eyes peeled here in Hebden.

wwaswas

Eyes peeled here in Hebden.

I’m not sure the burnt out wreck of his car’s going to be moving around much 🙁

bob_summers

Sorry OP.

Interesting looking T25 in pic…

DickBarton

Aside from the pain of having something stolen…
    How is it under-wheeled? You’d sacrifice ride comfort and acceleration for bigger wheels? The company who made it know a shed load more about cars and how they work/handle than you so have probably had a fair amount of thought about best…and I reckon I’d go with their version of right over globalti’s.

Barsteward stealing it.

hora
    Free Member

Globalti go on, show us your car.

I’ve had two Foresters. Better than any VAG.

jamj1974

OP – sorry to hear about that. Arseholes! Think the Forester you had was a great car as well… 🙁

hora – Member
    I’ve had two Foresters. Better than any VAG.

IYHO obviously.

chiefgrooveguru

Ignore gloBalti, he doesn’t even ride mountain bikes!

Sorry to hear about your car – it looked a lot of fun and it’s a sad end for an honest vehicle.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘My Subaru Forester stolen last night’ is closed to new replies.