• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by tthew.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • My stolen Yeti!!
  • y0eddy
    Free Member

Hi Fellow Singletrackers,

Thieves burgled my home in the early hours of Monday morning, while my family and I were sleeping!! They stole my beloved Yeti and my car! I believe that they were after the car and broken in to steal the keys. Unfortunately for me I had left my bike unlocked in the kitchen, as I was planning on driving to Bike Park Wales at 0500 that morning.

If you all can keep an eye out for my Yeti SB6c in your local areas (Gumtree, classified, pawn brokers etc), I’d really appreciate it. Stolen from SW London, UK.

The bike is totally custom and can be quickly identified by the combination of purple Hope hubs, purple Hope headset and turquoise grip. Other noticeable parts are the Fox 36 RC2 (170mm, pinch bolt axle), Renthal carbon bars, Joystick stem and Saints brakes.

Its a medium frame but the medium sticker has been removed when it was Invisiframed, so this might help arouse suspicions of potential seller’s lack of knowledge of the bike.

Cheers for your help fellas

singlespeedstu

Pisser.
    Hope you get it back.

kayla1
    Free Member

Balls. I hope you get it back and the scrotes die horribly.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Thats lovely. I used to feel quite confident keeping my bikes in the house rather than a rickety shed or garage, not so much now.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

that sucks big time.

hope for the best.

hatter

Aw man she’s a beaut, sorry to hear it.

The only small shaft of light is that it sounds like an opportunist theft (i.e. local sctrotes after your car) rather than a targeted job be sure to get a full description of it (ideally with BB number) to every local bike shop and watch Ebay and Gumtree like a hawk.

Odds are they’ll either try and flog it immediately or they and their scabby mates will be riding it around, in which case it’ll probably roll through the door of an LBS at some point.

Best chance of catching the scumbags, returned a few bikes to their owners this way during my bike shop days.

Good luck!

mogrim

Sorry to hear that! Is it covered by the insurance? They can hardly try to wriggle out of paying if it was in your kitchen!

grantmccall63
    Free Member

Gutted for you, hope you either get it back or have cover to replace it.

funkmasterp

Bastards. I hope you get it back OP. I’ll keep my eye out on Pinkbike and eBay.

mountainman

Trust the police on the car as well /as bike .

Hang EM high when caught .

ScottChegg
    Free Member

can be quickly identified by the combination of purple Hope hubs, purple Hope headset and turquoise grip. Other noticeable parts are the Fox 36 RC2

As has mine. Good job it’s black otherwise I’d have some explaining to do.

You’ve more chance of plod finding the car; then they will have a good idea who the crim is. That’s more to go on than most thefts.

Fingers crossed.

tthew

If you are searching local ‘boot sale’ type websites, include the e-bay marketplace thing and Sphock (probably didn’t spell that right). I’m sure even the most idiot thieves aren’t using the most popular outlets now.

Commiserations too, that’s a beauty. 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘My stolen Yeti!!’ is closed to new replies.