Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • My son sang Imagine by John Lennon this eve…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…he’s 10 years old , he sang to instrumental background, it was perfect.

I cried (emotional wreck at the mo)

Didn’t know he had such a lovely voice…

Just thought Id share that

bearnecessities

DezB will be along in a moment to say it’s shit.

jekkyl

Does he truly understand what it’s about?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    neilthewheel

Imagine no posessions..
    I wonder if you can.
    No Santa Cruz below you…..

Seriously, though – it’s a good test of voice. People forget what a bloody good singer JL was. Next week it will be 37 years since his murder.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s shit.

RustySpanner

Record him and keep those precious moments forever.

Or castrate him, your call.

My granddaughter has just discovered that farts are really funny.
    I know how proud you must feel.

DezB
    Free Member

(that was just to please Bearunnecessary)

avdave2

I’d cry as well if any child of mine sang that, and with those tears in my eyes I’d throw them out of my house and burn every reminder that they’d ever existed and obviously leave their mother as such corrupt and worthless DNA could only have come from them!

Still happy for you though op 😀

mogrim

Love the Beatles, but Imagine is a steaming pile of shit. DezB for President.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I was under the impression Vim Fuego wrote a song called Imogen and John Lennon did a Led Zep on him.

jambalaya
    Free Member

A really lovely moment, thanks for sharing.

jamj1974

Sounds lovely OP.

edhornby

it’s great when kids sing in your presence/earshot because they have to really trust you to do so, it’s soul bearing; hearing my 7yo singing in the car etc encourages me to not be so self-conscious and do the same

well done OP and your lad too

giantalkali
    Free Member

Not quite the same but I wake my child with System of a Down’s ‘Chop Suey’ each day.

It’s character building

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

If it was Sympathy for the Devil, Mr Brownstone or Lithium… I’d be impressed, but this was the favourite song of overly English wax jacket wearing young fogey luvvies at my old 6th form…… scum.

I go cross eyed with rage just thinking about the poncey ****

pricks

😆

*goes off and finds live recording of Behind Blue Eyes*

😆

gwurk
    Free Member

You’re actually serious aren’t you?

😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Why do Communists drink decaff?

… Because proper tea is theft.

I thankyew.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

You’re actually serious aren’t you?

On STW? 😀

No waii… this is deadly serious buisness here my friend.

Pook

Having repeat watched Danny Madskillz Grand Day Out, my 4 year old now demands National Express and sings it word for word.

My mum: “where did he learn to say ‘arse’?”

jimmy

My 2.5 year old sang me happy birthday recently (with a bit of prompting). It wells me up already watching the vid, in 10 years time I think I’ll be in floods…

EDIT: She also thinks ‘toots’ are hilarious. Any kind of noise like the bath gurgling she says “oo! The bath did a toot!”. #prouddad

enfht
    Free Member

No waii… this is deadly serious buisness here my friend.

Serious like your assertion that a white child born in Zimbabwe has no right to stay? But somehow other people’s views belong on a racist long forgotten site like stormfront.

Seriously sick.

Imagine no self-hating loons, it’s easy if you try.

😆

root-n-5th
    Free Member

My 13 year old is happy to sing my songs with me playing guitar. In still in shock.My lyrics aren’t exactly “teen of today”! She has great voice though. Had a nice sing along last night. Enjoy it while it lasts!

leffeboy

Had a nice sing along last night. Enjoy it while it lasts!

yep. Good times don’t last forever

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Serious like your assertion that a white child born in Zimbabwe has no right to stay? But somehow other people’s views belong on a racist long forgotten site like stormfront.

Imagine comparing that with proper genocide.

The stupidity…. the stupidity

teasel
    Free Member

Excellent work, DeBz – gave me a laugh of satisfaction even if just for Candyman-type appearance.

Imagine – excellent song to sing and play IME – nice chords. Used to play it quite a bit at events.

Bet you’re well proud, Unfitgeezer.

senorj

Cool
    Lol at bear & dezb

Edukator
    Free Member

with me playing guitar.

With that pseudo I’d assumed you play bass, root ‘n’ 5th.

Junior gave up singing or playing with me at 15. As others have said enjoy it while it lasts. I’ve backed up all his early stuff in the hope of striking rich when he becomes famous. 💡 I’ve kept the Telecaster neck with the frets worn flat from bending too, who know’s?

I have a few beatles songs in my repetoire as they are multi-generational and crowd pleasers, apart from pretentious types who pretend only to like some obscure niche stuff and build their persona around the stuff they pretend to like but probably don’t and would rather listen to pop but wouldn’t admit it even to themselves. Norwegian Wood still makes people smile 52 years on, and Hard Day’s Night only takes one strum of one chord to get a positive reaction.

teasel
    Free Member

I’ve backed up all his early stuff in the hope of striking rich when he becomes famous.

Don’t forget the lyrics scribbled on small bits of paper and fag packets/Rizla…

🙂

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

My 5 year old daughter and I were playing you can’t always get what you want last night. She hasn’t got a great voice (she likes to shout!) And I’m pretty rubbish on guitar but it was fun all the same.

jamj1974

I sing with my kids all the time. I’m not the worlds
    A
    Best Sumer and neither are they – but we love it and I’m hoping it continues for a while yet…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘My son sang Imagine by John Lennon this eve…’ is closed to new replies.