Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • My smut. XTR Green Nomad and White Evil Sovereign
  • col569
    Free Member

Let me know what you think! Been building these up for a while

Nomad 2010
    Full XTR
    FoX 36
    KS drop post
    Chris king headset
    Atlas bars/stem

Evil
    Fox vanillas
    Hope/Mavic wheels
    Chris king headset
    Hope Mono brakes
    Shimano saint gears
    Loads of XT
    Sunline stem/bars

ash.addy
    Free Member

You’re in for some fun with that evil especially with the chainstays running short, enjoy. Cracking bike

tomhoward

*Sees backdrop of bikes.*

*faints*

col569
    Free Member

haha i know….. pretty stunning if i do say so myself!

Bernaard
    Free Member

Nice Sovereign, but I do have one myself.
    Always fancied a Nomad, but I cannot justify a FS at th moment
    Nice

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Triples on them both and no slating yet?

Evils in theory should be ace but I can’t get over the fact that the tubing looks soo oversized vs something like an Alpine/BFe etc that it must be really, really dead feeling? And the headangle has always looked dead steep… maybe its just me?

polodingalong
    Free Member

They’re a nice pair to have.

How you getting on with the Evil? Small world but it was me that built it up for you.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Evil is the least dead feeling bike ever made, despite appearances perhaps, and the HA is a bit steep, but that contributes the the liveliness…

But yeah, Triple chain sets have no place on either of those bikes, sorry. Tidy otherwise though. I’d love something like a Nomad to go with my Sov…

wrecker
    Free Member

Very nice. I’ve just bought a blue pig X frame in addition to my 5spot.
    Unfortunately I have a lot of expenses coming up so it won’t be built for a while. 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Triple chain sets have no place on either of those bikes

Depends, if you’ve got the legs to turn the gears then they make perfect sense, especially on a hardtail where clearance isn’t such an issue.

Shorty121
    Free Member

if the triple suits him and where he rides then I don’t see a problem.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

like the Evil but not a fan of the Nomand frame aesthetics…too hunched. Think someone once referred to it as the form of a ” shitting dog” 😀

col569
    Free Member

cheers for the comments

@ poloding along, small world indeed, loving the evil, i am sticking with this one as it is really nice to ride, still need to get a layback and it will be perfect but can’t get it at the moment.

All the comments about the triples, the evil i use not only for trails etc but commuting etc on the west coast of scotland and IMO it suits, the nomad will be geting hammerschmidt cranks soon and the xtr will be going on the evil.

Personally i like both the bikes and have been working up to getting these for some time now. In place of the Evil i had a cove stiffee which i just couldnt get used to it felt too short as i needed the seat fairly high most of the time. When i dropped the saddle height for trails it was great though. The evil seems to be great for a variety of situations.

Before the Nomad i had an Intense EVP 5.5 and a whyte 46. in all honesty from looks the nomad wins hands down, the whyte was great to ride and the intense even better. For control i personally think the intense was a better bike and i am struggling a bit with the Nomad in comparison. Still an awesome bike but i do miss the intense.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘My smut. XTR Green Nomad and White Evil Sovereign’ is closed to new replies.