Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • my skills website, any problems with each page?
  • jedi

does everypage open ok? does the blog work?
    the video embeded work?

etc

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Jedi

It all seems to work ok, inc the blog – some great north shore/wood work riding!!
    Get some more pics on the gallery, its all looking good 😀

Onzadog
    Free Member

http://www.ukbikeskills.co.uk/northshore_training.html

looks like there's a pic or logo not working in the bottom right corner.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jumping_flea
    Free Member

looks like there's a pic or logo not working in the bottom right corner

Its a link to Pinkbike – it seems to work on my machine

Doug
    Free Member

It's a flash link so not everyone can see it.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Jedi – just watched the north shore vid – is that you?? That great riding!!

PJay
    Free Member

Looks good. There are a couple of things I've spotted (although nothing major). The Freeride and North Shore banner has a hyperlink red border around it on the 'Book a course' page (when you place the cursor over it), on the other pages it doesn't and there's no hyperlink on it on the road skills and Gallery page.

On the BMX page, should the Mark Atkins title link somewhere?

jedi

ton, yeah thats me

jedi

its a work in progress and i'm trying to get the site dialled

juiced
    Free Member

looks really, really good. Slight typo on the bmx page 'multiple World BMX BMX Champion,'. Like it!

nickname
    Free Member

The large white font (impact style) looks a bit ragged to me. It might just be my monitor, but the font doesn't look that smooth (compare it to the menu headings which are images – they look better imo).

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

very minor note – clicking on the two links on the left – 'making farrah faster' opens up a new window, whilst 'niki's xc skills day' takes you to the page in the same window. got myself a wee bit confuzzled!

phildowling
    Free Member

mmm free plugs for your website by asking if it works thread…..

😉 😆

snaps
    Free Member
    jedi

no im not. i have been on this site for years. i am asking the stw community that i try to help out with htier questions too.

jeez

glenp
    Free Member

I found a problem I'm afraid Jedi – took a quick look at the site but I still can't do those big road gaps and the 15' skinnies!

Ref to snaps – I think this is a perfectly sensible way to get a site tested on different browsers and so-on. If you don't want to join in, then don't. And you can't spell sandwich.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Skills Guiding – Member

Sour grapes?

phildowling
    Free Member

ChatsworthMusters – Member

Skills Guiding – Member

Sour grapes?

That made me laugh 😆

theotherjonv

Haven't looked through all of it but straightawy there's a typo on the first page – something about being well known in the freerdie area.

oldgit
    Free Member

Came across a couple of you clients doing their homework at the Woburn playground this morning.

I was trying out my crosser with muds fitted for next weeks race, and couldn't help but notice how tidy the lines were. Was that you?

jedi

yes it was old git, i went there before coaching there and buffed the line i wanted to use to coach and tidied the drop at the end

jedi

skills guiding, out of interest how long you been a member on singletrackworld?

phildowling
    Free Member

well around 10 months on this forum then a couple of years on the old pre-hacked one.

jedi

a couple of years? what name?

phildowling
    Free Member

Do you want to date me or something? 😉

Changed my user name around a month or so but thanks for taking the intrest in me 🙂 Now i'm not going to continue to bump your thread anymore

jedi

nevermind.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Jedi – All seems to be working OK on my browser (IE7) – don't work too well on my Crackberry but that ain't the end of the world.

Nothing that jumps out at me like previous, few minor tweaks but still looking good!

BTW – saw this earlier – looking forward to seeing what the dates are going to be…

Boost Your Skillz with BasqueMTB and UKBikeSkills Training Camps

jedi

bushwacked, email me the minor tweaks please 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Jedi – YGM…

Are there any dates for the BasqueMTB skills week yet or are they being decided?

DezB
    Free Member

Tony, from the homepage –

@Skills Guiding – slightly childish response there eh?

thepurist

Jedi – what's this new "Freerdie World" on http://www.ukbikeskills.co.uk/northshore_training.html. Maybe Freeride world? Though I reckon Free-r-die sums up how I'd get on at Herts shore 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Re: That blurry text above. Must be my PC as Impact font is blurry everywhere not just in Internet Explorer

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Links bad on mine too…

text don't look that blurry on my PC though

jedi

the northshore/freeride speeling error has been corrected.

blurry link?

vanilla83
    Free Member

sorry but I'm with snaps and skills on this. You keep posting links to your site each week when a little change has been made. Its obvious advertising and it makes it even worse (imho) that it seems to be your mates that are the people mainly replying.

If you're not sure about your website, go to a professional and get them to sort it. It is a business that you're running right?

Have you given any money to STW for the advertising, ie like people do on the classifieds?

jedi

the only guy i have met on this thread is bushwacked.
    i see stw as my cyberhome as it has been the case for 9yrs or so.
    i have answered questions for people,been top forum poster etc…over the years.
    i want to ask on here as i value the feedback.

vanilla83
    Free Member

I think you're missing the point.

It doesn't matter if you're a top poster etc. I've been on here since pretty much year dot (under different names: but can give all of them to you if you want to check) and I've never dropped links of any sites that I've worked on.

I'm pretty sure if I looked hard enough as well, that I'd find instances of you complaining (in some way) about SC not so sly advertising and/or the number of times our dear Brant would post up new products looking for "advice". Isnt that what you're doing now? Under the guise of wanting feedback…

solman
    Free Member

Jedi – I would also suggest, if you haven't already, to get something like Google Analytics on your site. It would tell you amongst other things:
    Google Analytics

How many times its visited across a day/month/year
    What the most popular pages are
    How people are getting to the site.

The above is only a very small example, but it would give you some insight into how your site is being used.

scruff
    Free Member

Bushwacked
    Free Member

In my experience of running a business I wouldn't say this was advertising – more market research and customer feedback – I'm sure some bonafide adverts will be on this site once everything gets sorted.

Maybe I'm slightly biased as I've riden with Jedi a couple of times but in this economic climate are we really going to complain about something like this and not give people a helping hand when starting something from scratch?

Vanilla – what do you do anyway, you're not a web designer are you??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘my skills website, any problems with each page?’ is closed to new replies.