Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • My sister-in-law makes my blood boil…
  • stevied
    Free Member

Bit of background 1st:
    S-I-L isn’t really any good. She had her 1st daughter @ 15 years old and expected everyone else to do the child care. She doesn’t like working and does 15 ish hours a week so it doesn’t impact her benefits. All of her boyfriends have been total losers.
    Daughters dad is a useless dad, doesn’t want to know the kids.
    Her list of boyfriends include:
    Drug dealer
    Compulsive liar
    Psychopath
    Paranoid schizophrenic/drug dealer who has never worked due to his ‘illness’.

She’s one of those people who has to be centre of attention.
    When we were getting married she became anorexic
    When we had our little girl she had to get a dog as she couldn’t cope with us having a baby and her not having one (a dog was better than getting pregnant which was her other plan)
    My OH works really hard and has been driving an old 206 around for ages. We decided last week that it would be a good idea to change her car so have opted for a Ford Fiesta. Nice car, reliable, cheap to run etc etc. Her ideal car would’ve been an Audi A1.
    S-I-L has had shit car after shit car and has sponged money to keep them maintained etc. She has to have a boy racer car to ‘look good’.
    We suggested that she do something similar to my wife and get a Fiesta on PCP.
    Turns out she’s been to the Audi garage today and is getting an A1, picking it up on the same day as my wife gets hers…
    Why?? Is ther any logic to this behaviour??
    AAArrrGGHHH..

Rant over…..

oddjob
    Free Member

works 15 hours a week?

Buying a new audi?

Doesn’t add up to me, but what do I know?

Presumably it will be repossessed at some point.

theflatboy
    Free Member

You can’t control what other people do, only do as much as you can to make sure that you and your missus are happy.

Don’t rise to it, think about the positives in your own lives instead.

🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

[/quote]My sister-in-law makes my blood boil…

with lust

Admit it you fancy her 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

people can have what they want ….. but money cant buy happy.

do you think shes happy ?

stevied
    Free Member

works 15 hours a week?

Her current BF gets £1500/month tax free in benefits + CT/rent paid. He’s been living with her for about 6 months whilst using his flat to grow weed. £10K profit (apparently).
    He makes my blood boil as well…

Mister-P
    Free Member

Hmmmm, I need a new car. looks like it might have to be an Audi A1 if they are that cheap.

stevied
    Free Member

Admit it you fancy her

After some of the scags she’s been with I wouldn’t go near her with ‘watsontony’s

brakes
    Free Member

grass up the boyfriend.

Markie
    Free Member

The best revenge is living well. Enjoy your life.

mt
    Free Member

Dob the boyfriend in to the rozzers and her to the DSS.

stevied
    Free Member

grass up the boyfriend

Did think of that but it was all done and dusted by the time I found out.

stevied
    Free Member

The best revenge is living well. Enjoy your life.

That’s the plan 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

whilst using his flat to grow weed

https://secure.crimestoppers-uk.org/ams.form.anonymous.asp

or 0800 555 111

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

grass up the boyfriend.

And pick up a low milage recently reposessed A1 from the auctions 😛

binners

works 15 hours a week?

Buying a new audi?

Doesn’t add up to me, but what do I know?

? 😀

stevied
    Free Member

@binners: that made me LOL 😀

brakes
    Free Member

which one are you binners?

tinsy
    Free Member

It does not matter what they buy they will still be the same people.

Just chill, relax in the knowledge you are doing the right thing for yourself’ s financially, & at it will all work out yet again in your favour.

When the Audi is repossessed & the next shitty boyfriend gets caught, just try not to be smug. 🙂

poly
    Free Member

He’s been living with her for about 6 months whilst using his flat to grow weed. £10K profit (apparently).

Therein lies many of the problems with society. You know he’s doing something illegal, whilst also working the benefits system to the max, and yet you’ve done nothing about it.

hora
    Free Member

WOW. My Sis in Law is ace, highly educated, funny and sensitive. I’ve said before that I class her as ideal GF material for a lucky bloke.

logical
    Free Member

Paranoid schizophrenic/drug dealer who has never worked due to his ‘illness’.

Which one was the Paranoid Schizophrenic and which one was the dealer?

Just ignore her. My S-I-L boils my piss too. So I avoid her as much as possible. Difficult I know.

carlosg
    Free Member

I used to feel like you about members of my family who appeared to be getting a better deal than me but I got over it. People are different and as long as you’re happy with how your own life is panning out then just ignore the people who are winding you up so much , look at the positives in your own life.
    Myself I have a lovely wife who adores me and 2 amazing sons the cup oards are full of food the bills are paid and occasionally I have a few quid to spend on my bikes , every time I start to feel down/pissed off I just think of them and everything’s fine in my world.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Not much you can do – there’s clearly attention issues going on here, but you can’t alter her behaviour, you can only change how you react to her.

FWIW, if her boyfriend has an illicit income then shopping him is almost a moral imperative.

unklehomered
    Free Member

grass up the boyfriend.

Hold on now. Is the weed any good? Could you come to an arrangement that might make you more relaxed about the situation…

…and then grass him up?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Why does it bother you? In all honesty you could find millions of people whos moral compass and lifestyle are not in line with yours, why do you care? If your good lady is happy and you are happy what difference does it make? If someone is committing fraud report it if you so wish but bear in mind that those at the top defraud considerably more than those at the bottom yet aren’t so demonised.

I can’t help thinking you could simply ignore it, the best way to treat attention seekers is not give them attention.

As for the money from weed – really? He sells a bit of weed FFS (approx 80 ounces) so not loads, he’s not out robbing people again why do you care?

rocketman
    Free Member

People are like this the world over

When we moved into our house the neighbours over the road had to copy everything we did – keeping up with the Joneses I imagine

We like hiking – they get some boots and rucksacks and go round the block
    We like biking – they buy a couple of BSOs and a bike rack currently languishing in the garage
    I have a motorbike – he can’t ride

Great success

warton
    Free Member

Her current BF gets £1500/month tax free in benefits + CT/rent paid. He’s been living with her for about 6 months whilst using his flat to grow weed. £10K profit (apparently).

Regardless of whether it’s still there, speak to the police they’ll investigate where the money came from (maybe) If she bought the car (or part paid) using cash the police can and will ask where the money came from.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Also how the hell does he get 1500 in benefits + Housing that sounds completely unbelieveable unless he is disabled.

stevied
    Free Member

You know he’s doing something illegal, whilst also working the benefits system to the max, and yet you’ve done nothing about it

He’s not growing it now but if he does I will..He’s working the system as his doctor keep signing him off.

Why does it bother you?

Because she happily rubs everyone’s face in it at any possible opportunity. I do try my best to avoid/ignore when I can but that’s the problem with (married into) family I guess

He sells a bit shit load of weed FFS (approx 80 ounces) so not yes, loads

FTFY

Junkyard
    Free Member

Her current BF gets £1500/month tax free in benefits + CT/rent paid.

well I will be kind and assume a 5 week month so that is £300 net so I am led to the conclusion that his 5 children live with him [ or 3 and a half and he gets severe LDA/ESA]

Which is it ?
    Patiently awaits facts

Look they/he may be “low lifes” but there is no way he gets this on benefits

joolsburger
    Free Member

If he rubs your face in it then stop speaking to him and avoid the SIL too. Be elsewhere when you SIL visits and tell her he is not welcome.

If I don’t like people I don’t have them over, simple really. Life is way to short to spend with people you don’t like.

pitduck
    Free Member

why does it matter to you? 🙄

stevied
    Free Member

Also how the hell does he get 1500 in benefits + Housing that sounds completely unbelieveable unless he is disabled.

Mentally disabled due to paranoid schizophrenia (apparently). The amount he gets is what he told me so may be complete BS

Tom-B
    Free Member

Is anyone surprised that hora has a thing for his sister in law? 😀

dashed
    Free Member

Insecurity and constant feeling she isn’t as good as her sister is leading her to try and be “better” than her all the time. Sadly manifesting itself in some undesirable ways?

Just a thought like… 😕

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is complete BS his maximum would be £150 ish per week* – seems reasonable to assume he would be full of shit though
    He would also be on medication for it and treatment as he would need to be a never “cured” case. He may have fooled his doctor for all we know
    * I doubt he gets that much tbh

stevied
    Free Member

seems reasonable to assume he would be full of shit though

I think that would be an understatement..(I don’t know how the benefits system works so took his word for it TBH)

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Live your life the right way, and don’t worry about anyone else. She may be driving around in an A1, strapped up to the eyeballs with HP, but she’ll still be a ****. You and your OH won’t be.

popstar
    Free Member

Its silly to measure your happiness and success on car you drive.

You had suggested SIL to get PCP to get same fiesta? Why? Knowing she sponges about, she hardly needs any car.

Seems both families trying to better out each other.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘My sister-in-law makes my blood boil…’ is closed to new replies.