Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • My shock feels funny
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Went for a DH ride this evening and all off a sudden my shock starts to feel odd and what little skill I have disappears. I get to the bottom and push down on the saddle and the shock is really hard. I ended up riding the rest of the time as if it was a hardtail.

The shock is a Fox RP2 and was working fine earlier in the ride. It’s not stuck down and looks OK externally. It will use all of its travel but it feels horrible, almost as it the propedal was on but it wasn’t, that makes it feel even worse.

Does this sound like it could be the nitrogen/damping oil seal and a normal service would fix it or does it sound a bit more serious?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

When was it last serviced?

Sounds like a service centre job.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have had the frame for just over a year and not serviced it, no idea how long before that it was done.

I’m fully expecting it go have to go away to somebody, I’m just trying to gauge how bad it could be.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Once it goes in for a full service then that is it really. Normally fixed price as it’s just a rebuild. Mojo/TF/Loco will have some online prices lists. Quick chat with one of them should sort you out

bigyinn
    Free Member

Sounds like its time you got RM to bin your shock….

I_Ache
    Free Member

Yes, well thats the next issue. Who are people using these days?

stumpy01

Interlink Express did a good job of not chucking mine in the ‘hazardous goods’ pile.

It’s who J-Tech use, so I let them arrange it all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘My shock feels funny’ is closed to new replies.