• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • My rubbish day
  • sc-xc

Today was supposed to be ace. Drop the kids off at school, go to gym, then drive to Derby to get tattood by Joolz Denby. My tattoo appointment was 1.00, and at about 12.30 my car engine blew up a few miles from the tattoo shop.

So, instead of meeting a hero & getting a tattoo, I have met an AA man and have to get a new car. Where on earth I am going to get the money from I don't know.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Thats not a good day. Still, the cash you save from not getting the tat can get you a new engine dropped in?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Never mind Barry – For me today was meant to be rubbish and was.

4am start. Drive to Gatwick, Fly to Zurich, Train to Berne, Tram to the Outskirts, Walk to the Office. Computers not working so sit on my own in an office full of Germans trying to keep occupied. Nevermind, at least I fly home at a descent time. Oh no, just checked and my flight lands at 11pm on Friday night.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Is Joolz a registered tattooist now?

She always scared me a little – especially when referring to me as 'little rochdale'!

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I say you had a lucky escape. The girl can't even spell her own name, let alone spell 'Mum' on your body!

sc-xc

MD yes – she tattoos at Lifetime in Derby and somwhere else in Colne. Her work is brilliant.

CK, the AA man reckons over a grand to get a 2nd hand engine in…I'm going to phone around. The cars not worth much more than that.

WCA – at least you're working now eh?

MM – Good point!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Tatoos how original..such a fashion statement….NOT! 🙄

sc-xc

Thanks for your comment, if you don't like tattoos that's fine – I won't make you have one.

ddmonkey

What was the tat going be?

takisawa2

car engine blew up

What literally!!!
    Seriously though, what's gone on it ?

sc-xc

She was going to improve some existing tribal stuff I have, she has an album on facebook but I'm not sure who can see it. Anyone that knows the artwork of New Model Army will know her work…and her tattoos follow a similar vein.

takisawa – it just siezed. Perhaps I was being a bit dramatic earlier 😳

It was burning oil too fast apparantly, and completely ran out. I haven't checked it for a couple of months, so entirely my fault…it doesn't make it any better though.

sobriety
    Free Member

Did it not have an oil warning light? We have two on our car, an orange 'can i have some oil please' light and a red 'give me oil now!' light…

sc-xc

No light came on…just the airbag light which always seems to flash.

sobriety
    Free Member

Ah well, if you get it fixed it might be worth checking the bulbs, as i'm pretty sure most cars have an oil warning light.

sc-xc

Yep. I think the best way of dealing with it tonight is to get drunk.

At the moment I am more gutted about missing he tattoo appointment – have been on the waiting list a while. I'm sure when reality kicks in tomorrow and I am faced with having to fix/buy a car at great expense just before christmas it will be very sobering.

coffeeking
    Free Member

What car/engine?

Few cars have oil level lights, many cars have oil pressure lights that are set so rediculously low that they're effectively just "you've just totalled your engine" lights, so probably wouldn't have helped anyway.

rs
    Free Member

this is not the airbag light 😆

lyons
    Free Member

that happened to my old car… 🙁

sobriety
    Free Member

Few cars have oil level lights, many cars have oil pressure lights that are set so rediculously low that they're effectively just "you've just totalled your engine" lights, so probably wouldn't have helped anyway.

I guess that's the one thing renault got right with my car then!

sc-xc

Mazda 6, 52 plate

It's been great until the engine siezed I neglected to check the oil.

Haze

Unlucky mate, I had a similar near miss last winter. Mine loses quite a bit of water which I try to top up regular, I never think to put any coolant or anti-freeze in with it.

Froze solid for a few days last new year, hasn't been right since :mrgreen:

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘My rubbish day’ is closed to new replies.