Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • My RS Franken fork isnt getting full travel
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

I just mashed together a pair of Blackbox air u 150 revs c.2011 and air u Pike circa 2009

Originally swapped all the innards and the lowers onto the Pike CSU, but the Rev air shaft went bang and blew the seals out of the lowers.

So swapped the air cart from the pike and now im not getting full travel.

Dropped all the air, still a good inch and a bit fully compressed. Pulled the BB damper to check I hadnt miss measured the oil in the top, isnt that, still not full travel.

What am I missing here? How far do the lowers go up the stanchions at full bottom?

mboy
    Free Member

I know you’ve let all the air out, but have you tried removing the valve cores from the air cart?

How much travel you expecting? Pike’s are/were 140mm max and the Rev’s 150 right? Also, not having two forks apart in front of me to check, are the stanchions the same length on both forks?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Stanchions different length revs shorter iirc.

What im getting at is how much stanchion should I be seeing on full bottom? Theres no air in, compressed with cores pushed in.

Only thing I can think is theres some incompatibility with rev lowers

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Pike lowers are longer by the exact amount in question.

So if I wind the uturn out I can go past the 140mm mark the pikes were limited to. But will there be enough bushing overlap or shall I just stick the pike lowers on?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Bumpity bump

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My RS Franken fork isnt getting full travel’ is closed to new replies.