• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • my reverb has arrived :)
  • pease
    Free Member

i have just fitted my nice new reverb seatpost and must say im liking it very much.
    i was wondering wether anyone had any good tips to keep it in tip top condition as i want it to last and work like new for as long as possible.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

first ride out, you will adjust it 100000000000 times

from then on you will hardly use it

imo

ruscle
    Free Member

dirtyrider – Member
    first ride out, you will adjust it 100000000000 times

from then on you will hardly use it

imo

Utter crap, apart from the 1st ride you will use it loads but I still use mine on any downward gradient as makes it such a hoot. Great purchase..

pease
    Free Member

im one of these dudes that drops his post right down when i do a good dh run or something technical so im hoping it will make a big difference. im also doing some of the gravity enduros so im sure it will be a big help on them.

momo

I’ve had mine for a month now, I love it, using it more and more each ride, the ability to drop the post by an inch when you want to be able to shift the bike around under you a little easier is my favourite part of having it on the bike.

ljs1977
    Free Member

No one needs a reverb. They are expensive, can break (apparently)……

Until you drop your post for the first time jump / hop higher than you have ever done before, raise it to prefect xc height and blast off!

makes it such a hoot

nuff said

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Utter crap, apart from the 1st ride you will use it loads but I still use mine on any downward gradient as makes it such a hoot. Great purchase..

you more or less agreed with me

pease
    Free Member

bump

timc
    Free Member

i kept forgetting i had one on my first ride out!

pease
    Free Member

ha, im going to give it a proper trial on sunday and then an even better one next weekend as im on the bike in scotland for 4 days. just wanted to know if theres anythingi should do or wether i just leave it and service it when it needs it etc

dirtyrider
    Free Member

fix it if its broke, leave it alone if its not

billyboulders
    Free Member

in scotland for 4 days. just wanted to know if theres anythingi should do

Take a spare seatpost.

rhysw
    Free Member

Make sure you dont tighten your seat clamp to tight, it can hinder the smoothness of the reverb. But also make sure its tight enough, i used mine with a shim and it slipped alot, over tighten it and it wont come all the way up. I use mine loads and love it. Im guessing the people on here who say there useless dont ride steep stuff or jump that much.
    Keep it lubed up with some fork juice and keep the PSI up to 250 and it’ll run nice

mrplow
    Free Member

I always leave mine extended when not in use as this is how it shipped. Don’t know if it makes a difference but mine has done a year of ace service so far an still going strong.
    I always clean it afterwards and give it a few drops of teflon lube and a couple of cycles ready for next use.

ask1974
    Free Member

Mines still only a few months old and I”m not exactly the last word in servicing skills, I make sure it’s cleaned along with the bike after a wet ride. If it breaks I’ll be sad and fix it, it’s transformed the way I ride.

rhysw
    Free Member

always leave mine extended when not in use as this is how it shipped. Don’t know if it makes a difference but mine has done a year of ace service so far an still going strong.
    I always clean it afterwards and give it a few drops of teflon lube and a couple of cycles ready for next use.
    Good point about leaving it up when your not using it, but i had it in my head it would stay lubed betted kept inside. I might be wrong tho

pease
    Free Member

thanks rhysw. ill use my silicon spray on it like i do my forks etc after each clean

lee93
    Free Member

Yes i have one and love it simple fact that you can drop it a cople of inch when a technical bit come along !
    Only thing I’ve done is put a lizard skin for fork stanchions on as it keeps all the gritty bits of the seals fits spot on as the cut out bit on the skin fits nicely round the top where the cable joins the post and the Velcro fastening crumples nicely when post is fully down
    People say it will hold water or be damp but my bike gets a full clean and lube after every ride so I rince the muck of and dry the lizard skin and refit! Lizard skin looks much nicer than a old bit of inner tube!

DT78
    Free Member

Take a spare seatpost.

This.
    Very glad I had a spare on a 4 day wales trip. Blew the seals. Not heard of too many problems since the early batches. Mines been ok since, but not been used a huge amount as I got an anthem and the nomad doesn;t get used anymore.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘my reverb has arrived :)’ is closed to new replies.