Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • My rear light won't turn off – can it be fixed?
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

I have a Moon Shield 60 rear light. It’s powered by an internal USB rechargeable battery and is about 18 months old. I charged it on Monday night and now it won’t turn off- I’d completely run the battery down the day before, which I don’t normally do.

The battery can’t be removed easily so I need a permanent fix. If I take it apart is there anything I should be looking for? It hasn’t got soaked (not recently, anyway) or anything like that.

northernerindevon

I have two of these lights (one on’t seatpost and one on’t helmet) and one of them has developed this issue. Being really organised I can’t remember where or when I bought them so no receipts to return (plus wouldn’t know where!).

I found through frustration that by fairly robustly hitting it on a hard surface a few times it will turn off then it functions absolutely fine. Presently seems better than binning it. Mine didn’t get soaked either FWIW.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but seems to be working so far. Also, much entertainment to be had from getting back from a few ciders and getting your mate to put two of them in strobe mode up to his eyes….

munrobiker
    Free Member

Well, that’ll do. Strobe mode is fantastic, thank god it’s not stuck on it though…

I do have the receipts and know where I bought it but Moon’s warranty is 12 months and it’s 18 months old.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

Have you tried hitting it with a rock?

EU directive 1999/44/EC – all electrical goods have a 24 month warranty. I quoted that at SportPursuit with a faulty battery for a C and B Seen light and had a replacement battery two days later.

lightman
    Free Member

I fixed my friends one that wouldn’t work, water had got in and the circuit board was a bit corroded.
    It came apart very easily and I just cleaned everything and now it works perfectly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My rear light won't turn off – can it be fixed?’ is closed to new replies.