Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • my peaks weekend
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

6 of us Went to the peaks for the weekend. Stayed at thorpe bunkhouse (as recommended on here) Did the mbr killer loop on the sat. From edale, up jacobs ladder to hayfield, mam tor etc.

Some amazing riding and steep climbs. I really don’t believe anyone has cleared jacobs ladder from bottom to top.. just doesn’t seem possible. i’ve heard nick craig can do it without a dab but I’d like to see video evidence.. seems impossible!

Finally my regular night riding has paid off. My descending skills and speed have vastly improved. It’s the one area I’ve always wanted to improve as I’ve always been to much on the brakes and not as confident at speed. (a pussy basically!)

This has going to sound stupid It feels like it’s taken me 8 months or so to realise that I really needed more air in my forks/shock. I now run 125psi in the front (U turn revs) and the ride has transformed. I always used to run them soft (90psi) as i thought this was plush + get full travel

I now love them with loads more pressure and can handle speed much better. I was grinning like a good ‘un overtaking all my friends at twice the speed and throwing the front wheel at corner edges to get round (where normally i’d use my brakes). The flew down the hagg farm descent yesterday hardly touching my brakes. Finally got to the point i’m happy with my riding..

I really want to get up to the peaks again at some point. Awesome scenery anbd great riding

jackthedog
    Free Member

Glad you had a fun weekend. I was out in the area myself – hope cross, mam tor, pindale, shatton etc. Was nice and dry for the time of year. Very windy atop mam tor eh :o)

Am yet to ride Jacob’s ladder, must try that one.

mrsflash
    Free Member

We were out in Peak on Saturday too, up Jacobs – I cleared it and all. shame no one was looking 😉

trickydisco
    Free Member

Mrsflash… Yea i bumped into loads of mountain bikers saturday. Which route did you do? the same?

gizzardman
    Free Member

Tricky disco – Glad you enjoyed i did the Ladybower route last Wednesday and had a great day. What route did you do saturday?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Hi gizzardman

we did this route

It was listed in a recent mbr i think

richpips
    Free Member

I can assure you Nick has done Jacobs a number of times.

I bet I saw you on Saturday, I did the same route.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘my peaks weekend’ is closed to new replies.