Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • My PC's overheating, help!
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

Or so my wife thinks so I can have a laptop 😀
    What was this Samsung 10" that everybody was raving about? Or anything else? Long battery life please, minimum 120GB HDD, USB slots, wireless Web, camera would be useful too. Cheap – up to £350 brand new as it'll be my business expense 😉
    Cheers!

GrahamS

Everyone has been raving about netbooks lately – which are effectively sub-laptops/notebooks aimed primarily for web surfing and email (i.e. not much grunt but boot fast and perfectly usable for light work).

Take a look at these:
    http://lifehacker.com/5273096/five-best-netbooks

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I'd probably go for something like an Acer 5536, £350, lots of good reviews, 250GB Hard disk, 3G RAM, 2X 2.1GHz processors, 4X USB ports, wireless.
    There's one here, but lots of other retailers selling the same deal if you google, read the reviews, it seems to be quite well regarded:
    simplyacer

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hairychested
    Free Member

She says she wants me to have a larger one 😉
    We've been using Lenovo 3000 N200 for over a year and never had any issues, might go for that (I'd love a ThinkPad but too dear). 5 extra inches shouldn't be laughed at she said.

geoffj

Samsung NC10. Upgrade the memory (£20) and add a big **** off monitor and jobs a good un.

Hairychested
    Free Member

That's what I really want but she said I can buy a mini-laptop (sic!) next year if I am sensible this time (and those purchases are alongside bikey stuff not instead!). Give her 5 more inches or not? 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘My PC's overheating, help!’ is closed to new replies.