Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • My own reasons why Intelligent Design theory is bullshine
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think they might have changed the meaning in modern times TuckerUK. Some cats are described as having tabby fur, not tabby hair, a red squirrel has reddish fur, not reddish hair, panthers have sleek black fur, not sleek black hair, and so on, despite the fact that none of these examples need refer to what mankind wears. It’s probably fair to describe fur as the sum total of hair on an animal’s body. IMHO.

mikey74
    Free Member

The fact that on the human body the sewage outlet is right next to the playground is proof enough that god is a civil engineer.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Necrotizing Fasciitis.

A tube through which we breathe as well as take in nourishment, thereby risking choking to death.

Earthquakes.

Evangelism.

Tony Blair.

… to mention a few…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

…and of course, proponents of “Intelligent Design”, the evolutionary result of Biblical Literalists realising they sound stupid, but who still don’t accept the obvious.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It was more in the spirit of self-deprecation tbh. I realise there are more sophisticated reasons why ’tis bullshit. 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

😆

oliverd1981
    Free Member

“but every time I look at Professor Richard Dawkins, I can’t for one second believe something so beautiful could happen by accident”

To paraphrase this

CountZero

Stoner – Member
    I think you’ll find your warranty is with the retailer, not the manufacturer.

Good thing I didn’t have a mouthful of tea when I read that. Made me lol.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tbh, it’s typical sneery condescension from Stoner. But if it made someone laugh, then I’m kind of happy.

Stoner
    Free Member

typical sneery condescension

snort

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Do you have a script that tells you when someone types your name or something?

samuri
    Free Member

That some humans came up with the Intelligent Design Theory is proof enough that we are merely a random collection of nerve endings held loosely together by fringernails and well tensioned meat.

What bothers me most about Intelligent Design theory (and I appreciate I’m moving away from the humour of the OP), is the sheer arrogance of the people who came up with it. We’re not special or blessed or superior or gods little children.

We’re dangerous, annoying monkeys who cock everything up. Everything will be a lot better once we’re gone.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

and I appreciate I’m moving away from the humour of the OP

Grr

But then you saved it with:

Everything will be a lot better once we’re gone.

🙂

Deveron53
    Free Member

There is no god, just beings of higher existence.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY_ZgAvXsuw[/video]
    Bikes weren’t invented until 19th century. Thus disproving intelligent design.
    Man invented god as an evolutionary advantage. Religion gave mankind social development advantages.

Stoner
    Free Member

Do you have a script that tells you when someone types your name or something?

there’s a keylogger on your computer.

user-removed
    Free Member

Pays to be paranoid.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

there’s a keylogger on your computer.

You do then.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘My own reasons why Intelligent Design theory is bullshine’ is closed to new replies.