Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • My own reasons why Intelligent Design theory is bullshine
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Because yesterday, while walking the dog on nice level ground I went over on my ankle…in front of loads of people. And this morning, it still flippin’ hurts. 😡

A mere few hours later, while making an omelette, I cracked an egg, emptied it into the kitchen compost thingy and put the shell into the mixing bowl. 😳

And every so often (I’m kinda nicking this from a comedian, but I do it), I bite the inside of my cheek. 🙂

Anybody else had a moment when he or she realised that a higher being couldn’t have been involved in his/her design?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No, I always feel vastly superior to all other life forms.

mrlugz
    Free Member

Testicles.

donsimon
    Free Member

So a failure in the QC process means the design is crap then?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No, I always feel vastly superior to all other life forms.

Ever bite your tongue ernie? No, I didn’t think so… 😉

SST
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – I nearly wrote this exact same post last week!

I bit the inside of my cheek twice whilst eating too fast, I banged my hip on a kitchen worktop that has been there for years, I caught my head on an open cupboard door and I got a mile down the road before realising I’d forgotten to bring just about everything I needed for the day.

I was going to ask if anyone else has days where co-ordination and brain function are just shot . . .

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So a failure in the QC process means the design is crap then?

I made it through though \o/

Mrs deadly often trawls the interweb looking for a return address.

mrlugz
    Free Member

I regularly have days like that.

Cheek biting – yes
    milk in cupboard, cornflakes in fridge – yes
    polystyrene base left on pizza – yes
    stubbed little toe on edge of table thats been there for years – yes.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ever bite your tongue ernie?

Mere physical hiccups cause little dent to the overall smug satisfaction of my huge intellectual capacity Deadly.

Stoner
    Free Member

I think you’ll find your warranty is with the retailer, not the manufacturer.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I can’t give myself a Darcy recognised bodyfat measurement test.

ahwiles
    Free Member

…milk in cupboard, cornflakes in fridge…

that’s just human stupidity, we all do that.

as for ‘designed’ – why do whales have leg bones?

why do i have an appendix?

etc.

D0NK

why do humans have an appendix?

Why do men have nipples?
    Only joking, but do all/most other male mammals have nipples? or is it just us and chimps/gorrillas etc I haven’t noticed them on pigs and bulls but then I haven’t really looked.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Because yesterday, while walking the dog on nice level ground I went over on my ankle…in front of loads of people. And this morning, it still flippin’ hurts.

A mere few hours later, while making an omelette, I cracked an egg, emptied it into the kitchen compost thingy and put the shell into the mixing bowl.

And every so often (I’m kinda nicking this from a comedian, but I do it), I bite the inside of my cheek.

All these things are ‘User Error’, not a fault with the design.

Edukator
    Free Member

Whenever I ride my MTB.

joao3v16
    Free Member

as for ‘designed’ – why do whales have leg bones?

why do i have an appendix?

etc.

Just because we (with our limited intelligence) don’t understand the design, it doesn’t mean they weren’t deliberately designed that way.

And while we’re at it: Hair. What purpose does that perform, other than for wasting hours and hours washing and styling it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What’s the difference between hair and fur?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is this you pondering on the issue?

yossarian
    Free Member

i managed to punch myself in the bollocks whilst folding up a duvet last weekend.

Higher mammal indeed.

Stoner
    Free Member

hair acts as a “lubricant”. Stops you chafing when sweaty round those chafey/sweaty parts (groin and pits).

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

LOL! Where did you get that picture?

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://surgeonsblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/pile-o-problems.html

by googling [ images] either hairy man or hirsute man I forget which

willard

One word: Platypus.

Although that could be evidence for unitelligent design, or design with a twisted sense of humour. Or design whilst drunk.

mudshark
    Free Member

why do whales have leg bones?

God uses stock parts.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s a picture of PhilC!

Tim
    Free Member

yossarian – Member

i managed to punch myself in the bollocks whilst folding up a duvet last weekend.

Higher mammal indeed.

LOL!

I’ve ‘whipped’ myself with the edge of a towel in a similar incident.

And again, in a similar fashion – whilst performing very drunken Pete Townsend air guitar windmills 🙂

binners

That’s outstanding yossarian! 🙂 I pretty much permanently have some cut scab or general abrasion on my head due to lamping my big baldy bonce into stuff. Cupboard doors and the fireplace are my favourites, but anything will do!

I look like Mikael gorbachov most of the time 🙁

GrahamS

That’s why such work should be left to those without testicles.

Sorry, just joking dearest… Yes dear… No dear… no I… yes dear.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Anaphylaxis. Other than the Ren n Stimpyesque humour it brings when resolved (it’s obviously not funny when it goes bad), it seems pretty poorly planned to allow substances to make the human body react as such.

Also women giving birth and pooping themselves. Again, the same humour value present but it seems a little…agricultural.

And finally testicles on the outside, surely a body temp of 36.5 and internal balls is better?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

All these things are ‘User Error’, not a fault with the design.

Lolz. In your eagerness to be a smartarse, that’s the best you could come up with. Poorly designed wit. 😐

Garry_Lager

Anaphylaxis. Other than the Ren n Stimpyesque humour it brings when resolved (it’s obviously not funny when it goes bad), it seems pretty poorly planned to allow substances to make the human body react as such.

Also women giving birth and pooping themselves. Again, the same humour value present but it seems a little…agricultural.

And finally testicles on the outside, surely a body temp of 36.5 and internal balls is better? Women giving birth and only getting their milk through a day (or more) later seems really odd. Think of the wee little hungry babies! Should have the pumps primed and ready to go in an ideal world.

avdave2

Just because God decides to build an idiot doesn’t make him stupid. 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

Male cats have nipples.
    HTH

Peyote
    Free Member

Just because God decides to build an idiot doesn’t make him stupid.

You’d think that he’d make the tools fool-proof though. Otherwise it’s just a theological schadenfreude!

I don’t want to eat flies.
    According to Natural Selection, flies don’t want to get eaten.
    Therefore, flies that fly in to my mouth while I’m riding are proof that god exists.
    The question is, which god ?

Tim
    Free Member

Flies not wanting to get eaten does not correlate to flies not realising that that object coming towards them is:

a, coming towards them
    b, has an open mouth

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I don’t want to eat flies.

Shheezh you take this whole vegan thing really seriously!

andrewh
    Free Member

I’m sure some meat eaters wouldn’t find them hugely appetising.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

What’s the difference between hair and fur?

Unless they’ve changed the meaning in modern times, hair is what animals grow, fur is what mankind wears. Hence a fur coat is made from animal skin and hair.

Saccades
    Free Member

Gannets…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘My own reasons why Intelligent Design theory is bullshine’ is closed to new replies.