Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • My other gravel bike…
  • epicyclo

Handles surprisingly well except tiny wheels at high pressure spin quite easily on slime. A pleasant afternoon pootle offroad.

aP
    Free Member

Mickelham?
    I like Moultons.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

There is a Dutch/ possible South African guy who does the Victorian Gravel Audaxes on one of those. Pretty rapid he is too. Not to mention swearing it is a very comfortable and competent tool for the job.

Would love a go on one.

epicyclo

uphillcursing – Member
    There is a Dutch/ possible South African guy who does the Victorian Gravel Audaxes on one of those. Pretty rapid he is too. Not to mention swearing it is a very comfortable and competent tool for the job.

Would love a go on one.

If you’re ever up the Highlands, you’re welcome to have a go on it. 🙂

It is surprising comfortable. I bought it a couple of weeks ago as spare parts for my Moulton, but when I went to pick it up I realised it was too good for that, although well used. It was from the original owner and had been kept undercover all its life.

On our damaged roads it is superb – easily as comfortable as my usual bike with low pressure 2.35″ slicks.

Offroad on singletrack it gets tricky because of the small wheels and high pressure tyres when you hit a rut or a slippery camber, but the balance is good and the small wheels don’t give trail obstacles much leverage so you can correct like lightning. Probably wider bars would help, the originals are very narrow.

On actual gravel it’s just right.

As for rapid, it’s very happy at speed, and all it needs is a good rider.

All in all a very sensible bike, and it’s a shame we haven’t seen ordinary bikes evolve in this direction. Maybe if the UCI hadn’t banned them when they were starting to make inroads on the track…

Comfortable, fast, and with amazing carrying capacity.

1960s brakes though…

I’ll hack it round the ‘Puffer track next week for a bit of fun, so I’ll report back on how that went.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘My other gravel bike…’ is closed to new replies.